• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Oasis moves to 103.7 HD2

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Smooth Jazz 107.5 HD2 The Oasis has move to 103.7. This does make some sense as KVIL has a far stronger signal than KMVK. Oddly enough they appear to be running different songs on both 107.5 and 103.7 even though both are currently running The Oasis format. On their Facebook page they indicated some new programming would be coming to 107.5 HD2. Any idea what that might be?

I'm sure it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Smooth Jazz 107.5 HD2 The Oasis has move to 103.7. This does make some sense as KVIL has a far stronger signal than KMVK. Oddly enough they appear to be running different songs on both 107.5 and 103.7 even though both are currently running The Oasis format. On their Facebook page they indicated some new programming would be coming to 107.5 HD2. Any idea what that might be?

CBS sister station "Mega 101" KLOL Houston, perhaps? We have the flipside down here, with KMVK on KLOL's HD2. Could be....

Thanks for the update! Perhaps KMVK might be moving to the HD-2 spot with something totally new on 107.5. Perhaps Christmas music and then a New Year's flip? No idea what they would flip to but I sure have noticed a lot of 80s on CBS' JACK FM lately. Something is up.

I'm thinking the change might not be imminent. I was listening to Sound of the Strip on 100.3-HD2 last night and heard a promo for The Oasis on 107.5-HD2. You'd think, by now, they'd only be promoting it on 103.7-HD2.

I see on the line up of Smooth Jazz stations on iTunes that "The Oasis" is still described as "North Texas' only place for Smooth Jazz is 107.5-HD-2 The Oasis." But iTunes rarely update these stations. At least iTunes carries most of the former CBS Smooth Jazz stations that have moved to HD. That's Dallas, Houston and Detroit, plus the HD Smooth Jazz CBS created for 102.7 HD in NYC. Since CBS no longer is in Tampa, that Smooth Jazz HD station is gone, or at least gone from the iTunes list.

While listening on iTunes, I am hearing someone with a smooth African-American voice do brief promos saying "107.5 The Oasis is moving. We're now also heard on 103.7 HD-2." But he doesn't go into any details about why its moving or when the 107.5 feed will be discontinued. The other promos between the songs all say 107.5.

It's good that CBS maintains these Smooth Jazz stations. Considering they really don't bring in much revenue, CBS seems willing to keep them running. I know they're fully automated and I suppose the playlists are rarely updated. But somebody has to maintain them. And as mentioned above, 103.7 has a better signal than 107.5, so listeners with HD radios in the Dallas market can probably get the Oasis better now than in the past. I remember being in Dallas on vacation some years ago, when the station was still on the main 107.5 frequency and having a hard time getting it in my hotel room in the middle of Dallas.

iTunes will update station listings when an official rep from the station wanting an update contacts their iTunes rep.

R

It was calling itself "Fiero 107.5" last night. It was a contemporary Spanish-language format not unlike the old Mega 107.5, though it seemed a little soft to me for a station using the name "Fiero."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom