How many and list all of the Country stations you have preset on your car radio.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many and list all of the Country stations you have preset on your car radio.

How many and list all of the Country stations you have preset on your car radio.

I have 9 from hometown Dover NH

93.3 WNHW – Belmont NH
    95.3 WTBU – York ME
    97.5 WOKQ – Dover NH
    99.3 WBQQ – Kennebunk ME
    101.7 WBWL – Lynn MA
    101.9 WPOR – Portland ME
    102.5 WKLB – Waltham MA
    103.7 WPKQ – North Conway NH
    1380 AM WMYF – Portsmouth NH

In my case just WBWL 101.7 Lynn MA, 102.5 WKLB Waltham MA and WOKQ 97.5 Dover NH but I wanted to mention this--one year, maybe 2008, I took a trip to Memphis but I actually flew to Nashville, stayed there one night (saw Country Hall of Fame and went to Ernest Tubb's Record Shop) then drove my rental car to Memphis for a few days, returning later to Nashville to
    fly back.
    Once I got my rental car I scanned the dial: FM--country, country, country, country etc; AM--country, country etc-well you get the idea. I forget just how many but hey it was Nashville.

The following are my country presets!

103.1 WIKQ Johnson City, TN
    106.5 WJDT Morristown, TN
    107.7 WIVK Knoxville, TN
    99.9 WKSF Asheville, NC
    96.9 WXBQ Bristol, TN
    104.7 WLNQ White Pine, TN
    100.3 WCYQ Knoxville, TN

God bless you always!!!

Holly
    Check out my most favorite singer James Otto when you can! (smiles)

98.1 WBRF Galax, VA
    550 WAME Stateville NC
    1490 WSTP Salisbury NC

I had one for 1430 WMNC Morganton NC but I only use that once a year. Well, once going to the mountains and once coming back. And I needed another button.

96.3 KSWG in Wickenburg, Arizona.
    "Quondo omni flunkus moritati"--When all else fails, play dead.

I'm a man, but I can change if I have to...I guess.

Music is like candy; you have to throw away the rappers.

My wife is the country fan at our house, but even she doesn't have presets for all 7 of them.
    So in Knoxville it's
    95.7 Duke 95.7 (her favorite)
    96.7 Merle FM
    100.3 WCYQ Q100.3.
    (being a transplant, she has no heritage with WIVK and barely knows they exist)

^^^ Merle FM 96.7 is a new preset that I have too as well as 106.3 WPFT of Pigeon Forge and 102.9 WDVX of Knoxville.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. That station that you mention here named The Duke, I had never heard of it before now, so thank you for mentioning it.
    Last edited by James Otto Sweet Heart; 06-10-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    Check out my most favorite singer James Otto when you can! (smiles)

None at the moment.I use to have Country 92.5 WWYZ at the first preset.I'm not into the current crop of so called country artists.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8oldies View Post
    My wife is the country fan at our house, but even she doesn't have presets for all 7 of them.
    So in Knoxville it's
    95.7 Duke 95.7 (her favorite)
    96.7 Merle FM
    100.3 WCYQ Q100.3.
    (being a transplant, she has no heritage with WIVK and barely knows they exist)
    I am surprised she doesn't listen to WKCE. About 1/3 of their playlist seems to be classic Country. I'm not a Country guy but I like most of the Country they play.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

She doesn't like old obscure classic country like WKCE plays. Mostly 80s-90s and Duke hits the spot for her. I have the WKCE translator as a second tier preset for the occasional oldie I recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    I am surprised she doesn't listen to WKCE. About 1/3 of their playlist seems to be classic Country. I'm not a Country guy but I like most of the Country they play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast