• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

"Amateur Radio Newsline" program to hit the FM broadcast band.

radiocph

Frequent Participant
Starting November 2015, the Amateur Radio Newsline program will be heard over WQJJ-LP, Jasper, AL (100.1 FM), WJLQ-LP, Jackson, AL (97.9 FM) and WIZD, Monroeville, AL (100.3) at 6 pm, local time.

Any other standard broadcast stations carrying Newsline?

Ugh, they must be desperate for filler programming. Either that, or the owner is a ham. I can't imagine how a typical broadcast listener would understand or care about that topic.

Ugh, they must be desperate for filler programming. Either that, or the owner is a ham. I can't imagine how a typical broadcast listener would understand or care about that topic.

That's my reaction, too. The owner MUST be a ham. A while back WPKN in Bridgeport, CT, used to carry Glenn Hauser's "World of Radio" on Sunday afternoons, but that's a public broadcaster and "World of Radio" was about broadcasting (largely shortwave), not amateur radio.

In the Portland area Newsline is heard on KQRZ-LP Hillsboro-Beaverton and on KISN-LP in Portland.

Last edited:
And chances are, the local amateur radio club's 2 meter repeater has more coverage and more listeners who care.

Last edited:
"Ugh, they must be desperate for filler programming. Either that, or the owner is a ham. I can't imagine how a typical broadcast listener would understand or care about that topic."

You beat me to it. Oh well.

"And chances are, the local ham radio club's 140 MHz repeater has better coverage and more listeners who care."

It does.

Nothing wrong with doing a specialty show on an LPFM. I remember the Westlink Report, which I think is long gone.

Nothing wrong with doing a specialty show on an LPFM. I remember the Westlink Report, which I think is long gone.

Yes, the licensee of an LPFM 'sand box' can put on whatever type of programming they choose. Does putting programming that few would ever care about work toward legitimizing LPFM as a worthwhile form of media? Nope.

And chances are, the local amateur radio club's 2 meter repeater has more coverage and more listeners who care.
And EchoLink provides more of a Worldwide audience than TuneIn Radio EVER will

Even HamNation is an online only program which doesn't get much of an audience on TWIT TV outside of Ham Radio (And EVEN THEN it took Leo Laporte becoming a Ham to get it on there)

Cheers & 73 :)

Yes, the licensee of an LPFM 'sand box' can put on whatever type of programming they choose. Does putting programming that few would ever care about work toward legitimizing LPFM as a worthwhile form of media? Nope.
No but it doesn't harm it either though.....

If I had an LPFM or Part 15 station, I wouldn't drop any further than Old Time Radio shows which would appeal to Hams & some non-hams alike (There are MANY such stations streaming on SHOUTcast). But even then, how much do you wanna bet those SHOUTcast streams get MORE of an audience than their RF counterparts themselves ??

Cheers & 73 :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom