• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Talk Radio Scoreboard for Major Markets: October 2015

Five Talk Radio stations made their local top ten list, with WSB Atlanta near the pinnacle and KFI LA, WGN Chicago, KTRH Houston and WMAL Washington just inside the top ten. With The Mets climbing the standings to the World Series, WOR's ratings got a bit of a boost in New York.

1. New York ... WOR (iHeart) #17 ... WABC (Cumulus) #21 ... WKXW(FM) (Townsquare) #22
2. Los Angeles ... KFI (iHeart) #9 ... KEIB* (iHeart) #31 tie ... KABC* (Cumulus) #38 tie
3. Chicago ... WGN (Tribune) #9 ... WLS (Cumulus) #24
4. San Francisco ... KSFO (Cumulus) #22 tie ... KGO (Cumulus) #22 tie ... KKSF (iHeart) #28
5. Dallas ... WBAP (Cumulus) #16
6. Houston ... KTRH (iHeart) #10
7. Washington ... WMAL-AM-FM (Cumulus) #8
8. Philadelphia ... WPHT (CBS) #21
9. Atlanta ... WSB/WSBB(FM) (Cox) #2 ... WYAY(FM) (Cumulus) #20
10. Boston ... WRKO (Entercom) #18 (Rush's new outlet in Boston, 1430 WKOX, tied at #24)

* I only include commercial Talk stations that scored at least a one rating, except for heritage Talk outlet KABC Los Angeles and Rush's LA outlet, KEIB.

This is based on 6+. In all cases the readings in the desirable demos range for aging to disastrous. In the case of WOR, their Mets bandwagon ends, win-or-lose in a week. Then it is back to grim reality.

Most on that list won't exist in their current form, or at all in 5-6 years.

I know that some non-comms don't subscribe, but those that are published should be included.

LCG

David Eduardo pointed out that while WABC went up 6 plus 1.3 to 1.6, they dropped in 25-54 .08 to .07 The Mets have to be doing wonders for WOR. I would imagine that would help their mornings. I do enjoy Len and Todd and Mark Simone. After that it's Rush and Sean, the usual syndicated fare you could hear virtually anywhere in the country. Wonder how WNYM is doing? They don't subscribe so we never see their numbers.

This is based on 6+. In all cases the readings in the desirable demos range for aging to disastrous. In the case of WOR, their Mets bandwagon ends, win-or-lose in a week. Then it is back to grim reality.

Most on that list won't exist in their current form, or at all in 5-6 years.

I know that some non-comms don't subscribe, but those that are published should be included.

LCG

Funny you should mention that. In market #1, the NPR affiliate lagged WOR with their FM signal. The demo data for that station isn't very good, so I suspect that outlet won't exist in its current form, or at all in 3-4 years. Your welcome to compile a list yourself in the Public/Non-Commercial forum if you wish rather than criticizing Gregg for the list he compiles.

Do you have proof of this?

I doubt he does have proof, but if the demos are at the older end, I don't think it would surprise anyone. He may well have access to the full book, he is in the business. Obviously those figures cannot be republished.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom