• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Spanish on 102.5?

For the last day and a half I'm hearing a somewhat tropical Spanish station broadcasting on 102.5 from my house in North Ft Worth/Keller. Any ideas as to the information on it?

I wish I could understand Spanish to understand what is being said.

Well, without being able to hear it myself, I can only wager a guess. There's K276FO Mineral Wells, with a CP in place to move off of 276 and on to channel 273 from just south of Weatherford, and then there's a new station application for Fort Worth itself, also on channel 273. This one is brought to you by the good folks at North Fort Worth Hispanic Community Church, and while it is only an application that I can find for it, and not an actual CP, that appears the most likely to be your winning chicken dinner, Matt.

Can you get an aircheck of the programming and post it? That'd go a long way in helping me solve the mystery for you...

Purple I can soon. I think since that church that is roughly ten minutes south of my house as you stated (six miles), they must have some power behind it.

Purple I can soon. I think since that church that is roughly ten minutes south of my house as you stated (six miles), they must have some power behind it.

That's what I suspected when you said you live in north FW. It wouldn't be setting precedence to be operating the facility with only an application filed. Just happened down here in Houston, operating from a skyscraper in downtown which the operator had indeed applied to do, but at the time it was broadcasting a couple of weeks ago, several industry executives right here on RD confirmed they were operating without a permit in hand, thus illegally. Just a thought, but if you're taking on any interference to KDMX or KDGE, it might be something worth contacting iHeart Dallas about and voicing your issue with a member of the local management team. iHeart can get action when it comes to getting it turned back off if it is indeed this church's translator you are hearing, whereas you alone can not.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom