• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Who's it gonna be first and when?

Since WMJX starts right before Thanksgiving and WXLO does not start until the day before, wall to wall at least, it's probably going to be WSRS, WZID or WWLI.

It is somewhat amazing that WMJX is given this yummy Christmas rating gift with no in-market challengers for several years now.

I would like WCRB to go classical Christmas about a week before Christmas.
That would be cool and different.

Otherwise I see no station in-market that can switch over without making their regular listener base angry.

Since WMJX starts right before Thanksgiving and WXLO does not start until the day before, wall to wall at least, it's probably going to be WSRS, WZID or WWLI.
If we are including rimshots, donʼt forget WHOM and WCOD! ;)

Who's gonna be the first to thus get deleted from my pre-sets? A moot point now as none of the stations likely to go the Chri$4tma$-has-2-s's-in-it-and-they're-both-dollar-signs
(Stan Freberg, Green Chri$tma$, 1960) route are currently on my presets, though a few yrs ago WODS was in that category.

Sorry about that. I don't want to be banned, Mr. MarcB. I admit that I'm a Christmas music fan, but I'm not happy about the way the Christmas music stations operate. Most of them play the same old 200-300 songs. If I want to get a wider variety of Christmas music, I'll check out the internet.

Well here in Philly I heard while listening at work ...which plays More FM B101 saying they were your Christmas station. They are having a Christmas contest online ..but not playing the music yet. It started last year in November and then WOGL followed shortly after. Maybe I can bribe the janitor at night to change the station to BENFM.. I don't think the boss would notice. 2 months of Christmas music is just torture.

I'm including the stations that actually get a decent signal into Boston. Of course Lite rock 105 does not get a signal into Downtown, but SRS, XLO and perhaps ZID can get a good signal into Downtown as rim shots, and WSRS and WXLO can come in crystal clear in most if not all of the suburbs.

Who would listen to Christmas music all year? I used to listen to WMJX HD2 when it was Smooth Jazz. In fact, it was one reason that I bought an HD radio in the first place. Come on Greater Media, get real.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom