Nassau-Suffolk L.I. Radio Ratings: September 2015

Thread: Nassau-Suffolk L.I. Radio Ratings: September 2015

Nassau-Suffolk L.I. Radio Ratings: September 2015

The September 2015 survey period covers Thu. 8/13/2015 - Wed. 9/9/2015.
    Publicly released data for subscribing stations age 6+ overall at the links below:

Nassau-Suffolk (L.I.): http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb321

Next report will be for the October 2015 survey period covering Thu. 9/10/2015 - Wed. 10/7/2015.
    The data release date is scheduled for Mon. 10/26/2015.

where's wrcn? Did they change call sign?

JVC Broadcasting doesn't subscribe. None of their stations (Party 105 (WPTY), La Fiesta (WBON), My Country (WJVC), LI News Radio (WRCN)) are listed.

Another reason why the ratings are worthless and definitely not an accurate representation of the whole market. Yes, I know, 6+ is worthless anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by radiowizard101 View Post
    Another reason why the ratings are worthless and definitely not an accurate representation of the whole market. Yes, I know, 6+ is worthless anyway.
    Non-subscribing stations are still rated but those stations don't receive the reports. Subscribers do.

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by semoochie View Post
    Non-subscribing stations are still rated but those stations don't receive the reports. Subscribers do.
    And, of course, the "free" 6+ numbers only include subscriber numbers.

All stations in a metro are given Nielsen encoders if they want to encode; they don't have to subscribe to encode. An occasional stations, like WWRL in NYC, does not encode. But all listening detected by the meters is tabulated, and stations over a very low specific level (equivalent to about a 0.1 share) are listed in the subscriber reports.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.