• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nassau-Suffolk L.I. Radio Ratings: September 2015

pjc1961

Star Participant
The September 2015 survey period covers Thu. 8/13/2015 - Wed. 9/9/2015.
Publicly released data for subscribing stations age 6+ overall at the links below:

Nassau-Suffolk (L.I.): http://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb321

Next report will be for the October 2015 survey period covering Thu. 9/10/2015 - Wed. 10/7/2015.
The data release date is scheduled for Mon. 10/26/2015.

JVC Broadcasting doesn't subscribe. None of their stations (Party 105 (WPTY), La Fiesta (WBON), My Country (WJVC), LI News Radio (WRCN)) are listed.

Another reason why the ratings are worthless and definitely not an accurate representation of the whole market. Yes, I know, 6+ is worthless anyway.

Another reason why the ratings are worthless and definitely not an accurate representation of the whole market. Yes, I know, 6+ is worthless anyway.

Non-subscribing stations are still rated but those stations don't receive the reports. Subscribers do.

Non-subscribing stations are still rated but those stations don't receive the reports. Subscribers do.

And, of course, the "free" 6+ numbers only include subscriber numbers.

All stations in a metro are given Nielsen encoders if they want to encode; they don't have to subscribe to encode. An occasional stations, like WWRL in NYC, does not encode. But all listening detected by the meters is tabulated, and stations over a very low specific level (equivalent to about a 0.1 share) are listed in the subscriber reports.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom