• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes coming to MIX 96.5?

M

mrtejano

MEGA KLOL Houston is claiming they have a sister station on KLOL HD2 La Grande (LA GRAN D). Are they testing it to see if it goes to 96.5?

MEGA KLOL Houston is claiming they have a sister station on KLOL HD2 La Grande (LA GRAN D). Are they testing it to see if it goes to 96.5?

It is a feed from KMVK. La Grande. In Dallas.

Mix or KLOL to classic hits would be more likely than what you have postulated.

Are you talking about KLOL here in Houston or in some other Country? Cause here in Houston it's not going anywhere soon. And Classic Hits? Are you talking about bringing back Oldies or Classic Rock? Cause there's a good reason why The Arrow KKRW and OLDIES 107.5 are gone.

Are you talking about KLOL here in Houston or in some other Country? Cause here in Houston it's not going anywhere soon. And Classic Hits? Are you talking about bringing back Oldies or Classic Rock? Cause there's a good reason why The Arrow KKRW and OLDIES 107.5 are gone.

¡Santa Maria, Señor Tejano! Gotta watch out for you, sticking the knife in oldies fan's backs like that. As Faded mentioned, "La Gran D" was on the KIKR/KBED combo in Beaumont, but Cumulus replaced the format for Sports.

I'd expect Mega is, in turn, coming back to Dallas on KMVK's HD2 as well. Good use of KLOL's HD2, whether or not you appreciate what the main signal airs currently.

¡Santa Maria, Señor Tejano! Gotta watch out for you, sticking the knife in oldies fan's backs like that. As Faded mentioned, "La Gran D" was on the KIKR/KBED combo in Beaumont, but Cumulus replaced the format for Sports.

I'd expect Mega is, in turn, coming back to Dallas on KMVK's HD2 as well. Good use of KLOL's HD2, whether or not you appreciate what the main signal airs currently.

I just had enough of some people trying to get rid of Mega 10-. I personally don't like that station but defending it cause I'm pretty sure many people just want it gone cause it's in Spanish MEGA IS KILLING 104.9 Latino Mix.

Besides oldies aren't coming back to Houston just Like Tejano isn't coming back to Houston for a long time.

I just had enough of some people trying to get rid of Mega 10-. I personally don't like that station but defending it cause I'm pretty sure many people just want it gone cause it's in Spanish MEGA IS KILLING 104.9 Latino Mix.

A little correction here.

Mega 101 is not "killing" KAMA. Latino Mix had a 3.0 in 18-49 in the last book, while KLOL has a 3.9. KLOL puts a 65 dbu signal over 5.7 million persons, while much lower powered KAMA puts a usable 65 dbu over 4.3 million people. If you do the math on the relationship, KAMA, within its coverage area, is actually outperforming KLOL.

So now that LA MEJOR is on a translator and JOE mentioned on another conversation that KODA HD 2 will be on a Translator would KLOL HD2 also try this? I went to Fry electronics to buy an HD Radio for my car but their service seems to be as bad as Walmart now. I asked for help and they just pointed me to the other side of the building. I asked for an Optical Audii Cable and the guy just said "it's on 46" and kept on walking.

What on earth was he talking about? I just left!

Wow got that of my chest!!!!

Good luck. These things work okay for indoor models. But you get out driving and the signal is in an out. You can have the analog station in clear and not get the HD at all.
Really? I wanted to buy one for the car. Do they sale some kind of portable ones you can use like a MP3 player?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom