• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Radio format holes you would like to see filled

"The Skeet" ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's too funny!

MISD's original call letter choice was KMES, which pretty much sums up what the station is (and has been since Griffin retired in 2008) now. They are nothing more than a wannabe KLUV for crying out loud. Peggy Brooks has a LONG history of yelling at people there, going back before she was even promoted to Station Manager. Chris Douglas dissed me on this very board several times in 2009 and should have been fired for that. Oddly enough I was cleaning out some old papers today and found the copy of the C&D letter he got. Of course none of this matters now because "Robert is on the outside looking in" according to Chris. That's funny considering I get some of his (and everyone else at KEOM / MISD) FICA money. So thank you all at MISD for that.

As for me? I'm doing just fine. I'm making some money from VIP listeners from my Internet station at Live365.

GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Hope you all are doing OK too. :)

R

Last edited:
I've hesitated to post this.. So get your tomatoes ready to throw at me.. But hear me out!

I kinda miss having a 'soft rock, less talk,' 'listen while you work,' 'no repeat workday' run-of-the-mill AC station with screechy ReelWorld jingles. How long has it been since DFW had a true AC station?!

It's one of those things you don't miss until it's gone! I feel 93.3, 102.9. 103.7, and 106.1 all play the same music, and some days I just want something a little different and 'lighter.'

*continues to duck from items thrown*

I've hesitated to post this.. So get your tomatoes ready to throw at me.. But hear me out!

I kinda miss having a 'soft rock, less talk,' 'listen while you work,' 'no repeat workday' run-of-the-mill AC station with screechy ReelWorld jingles. How long has it been since DFW had a true AC station?!

It's one of those things you don't miss until it's gone! I feel 93.3, 102.9. 103.7, and 106.1 all play the same music, and some days I just want something a little different and 'lighter.'

*continues to duck from items thrown*

I guess that's kinda KLAK isn't it?

Yes.. Like KLAK.. But where I live and where I work, I can't get the signal to come in.

KLAK streams on the net.

R

Also, a good Alternative station that plays MUSE, The Black Keys, Death Cab For Cutie, Vampire Weekend, Cage The Elephant, Walk The Moon and older stuff mixed in like Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cult, Depeche Mode, The Alarm, They Might be Giants and Book of Love

In other words, the original Edge. I can support this.

In other words, the original Edge. I can support this.

I think a station that sounds 100% to that today would be something like FM94.9 in San Diego. A blend of new and 2000s indie/alternative rock with some new wave cuts from the 80s, and deeper cut 90s. I guess the closest thing to that here would be KKXT but even so, you got classic rock mixed in the playlist that you can also hear on Jack FM. Would definitely love to hear a station that plays deeper cuts than your typical Lorde/RHCP 90's playlist that most alternative stations do.

I have several:
A true all-news station that just did news 24/7 365 - like the old KEWS.
The Oasis should be back on a full power station, not relegated to an HD2 where it's run out of a computer and no one can hear it.
A classic country station would be great, like the old Sunny 95.

Good luck. The closest you're going to get is KRLD. CBS is the only owner who has the pockets and the interest to do a news station, and they get a 1.6 share. No one else is dying for that audience. With KRLD and WBAP, the format is pretty much covered during the waking hours. Smooth Jazz is dead musically, so there won't be any new stations for it. Any attempt at classic country would focus on 90s country only. Something tells me you want something older.

I have several:
The Oasis should be back on a full power station, not relegated to an HD2 where it's run out of a computer and no one can hear it.
A classic country station would be great, like the old Sunny 95.

I'm with you there! I really miss hearing news late at night. Some of us aren't awake during the day.

R

99.5 Should Go Classic Country 96.3 Would Stay New I Wish The 0asis Was ReTurn To 107.5 Also Ether Bring Dance Back To 106.7 Or Put The ForMat On 102.1 Or 93.3 Down Here In Austin We Had A Dance Station On That Channel 2001-2003 And I Loved It You Folks Could Also Use A Ture Soft AC Radio Station I'de Put That On 105.3 Since The Fan Is A Bad Choice For CBS Radio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
99.5 Should Go Classic Country 96.3 Would Stay New I Wish The 0asis Was ReTurn To 107.5 Also Ether Bring Dance Back To 106.7 Or Put The ForMat On 102.1 Or 93.3 Down Here In Austin We Had A Dance Station On That Channel 2001-2003 And I Loved It You Folks Could Also Use A Ture Soft AC Radio Station I'de Put That On 105.3 Since The Fan Is A Bad Choice For CBS Radio!!

I could see Cumulus doing the first, in the case of your other suggestions... There's a bigger chance of McLendon rising from the dead and resurrecting KNUS.

Negative on changing The Fan, as that's the current home of the Texas Rangers.

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom