• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

L.A. Moves Forward With Bid to Host 2024 Olympics

The Los Angeles city council cleared the way in a 15-0 vote Tuesday for the U.S. Olympic Committee to name L.A. as its official candidate for the 2024 Games, and Mayor Eric Garcetti is using the city’s Hollywood ties to tout the plan.

“We’ll roll out the red carpet, put on a show only L.A. can do for the best athletes in the world,” Garcetti said during a beachfront press conference in Santa Monica after the city council vote.

The mayor went on to cite L.A.’s creativity, diversity and Hollywood’s inherent storytelling capabilities as reasons for the International Olympic Committee to choose Southern California to host the Games.

The city council vote made it possible for the USOC to choose L.A. as a replacement for Boston, which withdrew its bid to host the Games earlier this summer.

The IOC will pick the 2024 Olympics host city in 2017. Its current choices already include Rome, Paris, Hamburg and Budapest.

http://www.thewrap.com/la-moves-forward-with-bid-to-host-2024-olympics-well-roll-out-the-red-carpet/

And the mayor of L.A. holds a press conference in another city!

Last edited:
The US isn't going to spend the $80B and $50B that China and Russia put out for the 2008 Summer and 2014 Winter Olympics respectively. US reps also aren't going to bribe IOC members after SLC 2002.

The IOC is nothing more than a collection of prostitutes, so I don't see LA getting this bid. They certainly would do a great job and LA '84 more or less saved the Summer Olympics.

I wish them the best, but am not holding my breath.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom