• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Howie Carr : Please Get Your Facts Right !

O

Omnibus

Would someone please inform Howie Carr that he is seriously misinformed.

In an attempt to attack every breath President Obama takes he attacked the president for restoring Mt. McKinley's name to its original name Denali.

Carr said it might offend some Italians to keep the name McKinley but he is retching that the president is going to restore the mountain to its original name.

If Carr had taken a moment to do the minimal research he would have found out that "Denali" or "Dianle" derives from the Koyukon Athabaskan word for " high " or " tall ". The Koyukon Athabaskan people have inhabited the area around the mountain for a millennium.

Sorry, Howie, you can't see Sarah Palin from the top of Mount Denali.

Get your facts right.

Howie: you look like an idiot...again.

Of course, why let the facts get in the way of an attack on President Obama.

Last edited:
Caller tried to explain but Howie was talking over him.
In the meantime,will an effort be made to rename
any place or thing named after those slave owners
George Washington and Tommy Jefferson?

The idiot has added more stations including
an FM powerhouse in southern NH.(Frank 99.1
webstream apparently now using feed of
sister station in Nashua)

Last edited:
Caller tried to explain but Howie was talking over him.
In the meantime,will an effort be made to rename
any place or thing named after those slave owners
George Washington and Tommy Jefferson?

The idiot has added more stations including
an FM powerhouse in southern NH.(Frank 99.1
webstream apparently now using feed of
sister station in Nashua)

Talking over a caller: the last vestige of an insecure talk jockey :)

I didn't hear the segment. Is it possible that he was kidding about the "Italian" part?

Why was it necessary to bring Sarah Palin's name into it?

Did Carr ever retract the misinformation he spewed on his Right Wing Jock Fest?

I heard a portion of Carr banging on about renaming monuments to Democrats that he says were Anti Semitic or racist. Never mind the fact that this is not an issue about renaming but going back to its original name. Most people mellow out when they get older and considering how well Raccoon tells us he is doing with the add of FM in NH, Carr sounds more angry, more racist and anti Gay than ever. Is he just playing to his ever growing audience of angry old white men who are watching the world change and feel left out of the discussion except when they tune into talk radio.
Meanwhile, Crazy Kuhner's ignorance was on full display. He said there are plenty mountains in Alaska. Why don't the Indians (then he broke into what I guess is a Native American chant) just call another mountain Denali. No word if CK plans to hold a rally on the steps of the Ohio State House in support of Mt. Mckinley. I will say for a fact that the turn out for yesterday’s rally was not in the thousands as he reported. After tearing into Boston.Com on the air last week, calling them amateur’s, hacks and yellow journalists he wondered why they didn't cover his event

Last edited:
Radio is a hot medium, television a cool one, so maybe Howie is trying to generate some passion and "heat" (more than light?) Maybe he, like Howard Beale of "Network" (OK that was about TV but you know what I mean) is--in a clip Jerry Williams played so often--"as mad as hell and...not going to take this anymore!" As I've said before he can sound angry to some
but does try to use humor. If you agree with him, maybe he doesn't seem angry. I don't get to hear Howie as often due to job responsibilities, to be honest, so only heard parts. Yeah I guess I can hear it via podcast or record on my smartphone (I have the Pro version of TuneIn)

JT the Brick is also another of the "radio is a hot medium" guys--going back to his days in the overnight, he would urge callers to be passionate (while still knowing the facts and
presenting them well) because "we don't want someone who sounds half asleep...sound off like you got a pair..."

I heard a portion of Carr banging on about renaming monuments to Democrats that he says were Anti Semitic or racist. Never mind the fact that this is not an issue about renaming but going back to its original name. Most people mellow out when they get older and considering how well Raccoon tells us he is doing with the add of FM in NH, Carr sounds more angry, more racist and anti Gay than ever. Is he just playing to his ever growing audience of angry old white men who are watching the world change and feel left out of the discussion except when they tune into talk radio.
Meanwhile, Crazy Kuhner's ignorance was on full display. He said there are plenty mountains in Alaska. Why don't the Indians (then he broke into what I guess is a Native American chant) just call another mountain Denali. No word if CK plans to hold a rally on the steps of the Ohio State House in support of Mt. Mckinley. I will say for a fact that the turn out for yesterday’s rally was not in the thousands as he reported. After tearing into Boston.Com on the air last week, calling them amateur’s, hacks and yellow journalists he wondered why they didn't cover his event

Yeah, Carr is an OLD white guy. He is several years older than Jerry Williams was when began his campaign dump Jerry Williams and take over his time slot on WRKO. Of course, Jerry created his own Frankenstein by making him a regular on his show.

Funny, Carr had no problem when they renamed National Airport, Reagan Airport or when they dropped the name Cape Kennedy back to its original Cape Canaveral.

Carr also shows how much of a hypocrite he is by his silence on Michele McPhee's DWI and assault on a State Policeman. She even resorted to the "Do you know who I am routine. Can you imagine if it had been a less conservative reporter and broadcaster like Margery Egan Howie Carr would have had T shirts made attacking Egan.

Does anyone actually listen to that crazy guy with the "Hard G's". Has anyone actually seen his immigration papers ? Maybe Herr Trump will put him and his family on the same boxcar with the other immigrants.

*************:"Kuhner, interviewed by Boston.com, said that he had emigrated legally from Canada in the 1990s on a work visa so he could complete his PhD. Kuhner obtained a green card in 2006 and is working on becoming a naturalized citizen"

born 9-1-69 in Montreal; parents fled Communist Yugoslavia

http://www.*************/big-govern...housing-illegal-immigrants-in-liberal-boston/

*************:"Kuhner, interviewed by Boston.com, said that he had emigrated legally from Canada in the 1990s on a work visa so he could complete his PhD. Kuhner obtained a green card in 2006 and is working on becoming a naturalized citizen"

born 9-1-69 in Montreal; parents fled Communist Yugoslavia

http://www.*************/big-govern...housing-illegal-immigrants-in-liberal-boston/

The Foreigner with the "Hard G's" must publish those documents. Chances are he is really a Putin spy and his anti - liberal BS is just a cover for his covert action. INS should investigate him. Are we sure he isn't spying for Putin?

Howie used to do,"Whitey On the Lam,Day (x)..."
We need to do our own updates on Kuhner

Jeff Kuhner Plan of Media Domination
Started new time slot June 29
Number of affiliates
July 1: 1
August 1: 1
September 1: 1

Keep going Jeff,only about 24 behind Howie!

An Alaskan of my acquaintance says that there's been an effort for over 40 years on the part of both Republicans and Democrats to have the mountain renamed "Denali", and that it's already in common usage up there.

An Alaskan of my acquaintance says that there's been an effort for over 40 years on the part of both Republicans and Democrats to have the mountain renamed "Denali", and that it's already in common usage up there.

That is what I have read but I am sure that won't stop Carr, the Right-Wing Talk Jock from slamming Obama on this. Why let the facts get in the way of criticizing President Obama.

Would someone please inform Howie Carr that he is seriously misinformed...Get your facts right...Howie: you look like an idiot...again...Of course, why let the facts get in the way of an attack on President Obama.

Would someone please inform Omnibus that he hasn't been paying attention to talk radio for the last 30 years.

Fact-checking talk show hosts is a little like trying to hammer a nail into a piece of wood with a fish.

Would someone please inform Omnibus that he hasn't been paying attention to talk radio for the last 30 years.

Fact-checking talk show hosts is a little like trying to hammer a nail into a piece of wood with a fish.
You can speak to me directly. Again, why let the fact get in the way when Carr is slamming Obama. Clearly, the new opiate of the masses is not religion but extreme Right-Wing talk radio. It can bring out the crazies on both sides. Carr should remember Alan Berg.
Simulcast with him months before he was murdered in his apartment garage. Had to bleep his Seattle callers on this end because one threatened to kill the then president. Dealt with the Secret Service post show. They asked me what the caller looked like. I told them this was radio. God, save us and Howie Carr too. We should all remind ourselves that he is an entertainer first and his impact carries about as much weight as yesterday's Jimmy Fallon monologue.

Howie said today he was being sarcastic in saying
Denali was some Italian guy.He was being
entertaining.
What we need is extreme left wing radio.They
would never lie.They would get their facts straight.
It'll be a roaring success. We can call it
Air America.
___
Caller: just wanted to say you're an idiot and
extreme and you shouldn't be on the air!

Host:I see...and how often do you listen
to my show,caller?

Caller: Every day.

Howie said today he was being sarcastic in saying
Denali was some Italian guy.He was being
entertaining.
What we need is extreme left wing radio.They
would never lie.They would get their facts straight.
It'll be a roaring success. We can call it
Air America.
___
Caller: just wanted to say you're an idiot and
extreme and you shouldn't be on the air!

Host:I see...and how often do you listen
to my show,caller?

Caller: Every day.

Do you really believe Carr was being sarcastic? I heard him and there was no tone of sarcasm in his delivery that it might offend Italians. Where was howie when mitt romney attempted to rename the "Tip Tunnel" the "Liberty Tunnel"? Bet he thought it was swell. If Carr was really trying to be sarcastic he should get better writers. As to Liberal talk radio...bring it on. Would love to hear their comedy routines. Right-wing talk radio jokes are getting stale...Who said vaudeville was dead ;-)

We did bring liberal talk radio on...it failed.In BOSTON.
Jeff Santos had to then pay to put it on.Now there's
still the 50kW NPR stations,which also have stuff
like Garrison Keillor,popular in the 65 to death demo.
Hey-bob-a-ree-bob Rhubarb Pie. Dan Kennedy posted a story from Willamette Week in Oregon about a
change.org petition to "cancel goddam Prairie Home
Companion" directed to NPR;the show airs on NPR
stations but is actually syndicated by American
Public Media. Supposedly Garrison is to retire next
year and be replaced by Chris Thile,mandolin player.
Can't GBH at least run Whad Ya Know again?

From Brace Belden's petition: "Goddamed Prairie Home Companion is a dumb boring show that forces millions of radio listeners under 60 to turn off their radios whenever that stupid old guy starts his rambling crap. Also, I mean Jesus look at this a--hole.All people under like 100 years old should sign this."

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom