• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Looking for a HV transformer for an Henry Radio 3000D-95

Hi All:

Looking for an ECA 1549 HV transformer. ECA doesn't exist anymore and the transformers for the Henry Broadcast boxes were custom wound. 208-240 Primary, single phase, 5Kv secondary, 2.5 amps.

Anyone have a line on a used one... having a custom built is a bit pricey. Or any other transformer that can give me at least 4.5 Kv, 1.5 amps on the secondary for an Eimac 3CX3000A7 final.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
As an aside, one wonders how many of those transmitters Henry sold? I reluctantly sold one to a friend who engineered a station in Louisiana, back in the 90's. I didn't want to sell him one, he didn't want to buy one, but his boss told him he had to because of price.

It was many years ago, but I seem to recall a station in Astoria that had a Henry as their backup with ironically, a Bext Italian tube transmitter as the main. I remember the both were housed in a plywood shed with those metallic dryer vent hoses for PA exhaust.

Henry Radio seemed to build pretty good transmitters, especially for ham radio. For whatever reason, 100% duty cycle needed for broadcasting just didn't seem to work out.

http://www.epcoinc.com

The built one for my BE FM10T in about 3 weeks. About $2k less than BE wanted, if they could supply it. I'm still waiting for a callback with availability since about July 15th.

Mark Giegel was the person I spoke with.

It was many years ago, but I seem to recall a station in Astoria that had a Henry as their backup with ironically, a Bext Italian tube transmitter as the main. I remember the both were housed in a plywood shed with those metallic dryer vent hoses for PA exhaust.

Henry Radio seemed to build pretty good transmitters, especially for ham radio. For whatever reason, 100% duty cycle needed for broadcasting just didn't seem to work out.

Yes, I think the 100% uptime was the issue. They were quite compact considering the power level, power supply, tube, etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom