• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Conservative Talker in Miami

Shhh...this just under the RADAR...if you tune your radio by 1450 real quickly as you drive slowly through WOCN's coverage area, you might catch a little bit of Salem's conservative news/talk network. It seems to be on 24/7.

Salem used to air its Conservative Talk network on one of its stations in Miami, 1360 WKAT. WKAT had been a Talk station for many years, a one-time employer of Larry King, eventually bought by Salem. But ratings were poor and management switched WKAT to Salem's Spanish-language Religion format.

I guess someone at Salem said, we've got a 1000 watt station in Miami not doing much. Wikipedia says it had been a Spanish Variety (I guess that means brokered time) station. So why not return our Conservative Talk format to Market #11? I'm not big on Conservative Talk radio, especially Salem's line up (Mike Gallagher, Michael Medved, Hew Hewitt, Dennis Praeger, Bill Bennett). But at least Miami listeners, who can pick up 1450, will have a second choice for Talk Radio, in addition to iHeart's 610 WIOD.

Last edited:
Too bad they couldnt take over the old WFTL at 1400, too. A nice little simulcast of the two would cover the market. Unfortunately, they'd have to do some serious upgrades on 1400 -- like find a tower.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom