• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

I received this one on November 20, 2010, and kept it, because I still can't believe it. I'll swear on whatever you prefer that it's real. Quoted in its entirety with mistakes left uncorrected:

DEAR RECEIVER,

You have just received a Taliban virus. Since we are not so technologicaly advanced in Afghanistan, this is a MANUAL virus. Please delete all the files on your hard disk yourself and send this mail to everyone you know.

Thank you very much for helping us.

Thanks & Regard's
Ken

I've seen a (definitely gag) variation on this, that it's an Amish computer virus, and that since the Amish do not believe in modern technology, it operates on the honor system; please manually delete all your files.

I have gotten some like that, I got one where some uncle of mine died a horrible accident in Africa and I was the only inherited something like that lol. I also seen one from where some rich guy from Africa wanted to give everyone that went to Africa for the soccer gold cup their money back.

LETTER OF COMPENSATION/SETTLEMENT

Mr.Ekpo Nta <[email protected]>

--
ICPC NIGERIA (Anti-Fraud Unit)
Head Office: Plot 802, Constitution Avenue
Zone A9 Central Area Garki Abuja.
P. M.B 535,
TEL : +234-7067446071

Attention;

LETTER OF COMPENSATION/SETTLEMENT

We hereby inform you that out of our records for the year
investigation it is drawn to us that you have been victimized by the
men of underworld(419ers/impostors).

However, the management has been dutifully empowered by the
Investigation bureau office of the President and Commander-in-chief of
the Armed Forces of Federal Republic of Nigeria to curb all illicit
transaction and workload of this perpetrator.

In line with the Anti-corruption crusade of the President Muhammadu
Buhari (GCFR)you are by this email notification to stop any contact
regarding to your illegal transaction with this international
fraudsters called in Nigeria 419ers.

Out of our findings there is no any inheritance, Contract and Lottery
payment in your favor or name in Nigeria and the image of this country
has been dented internationally during the past administration of the
Federal Government of Nigeria .

Presently, we have employed a strategy to remit sanity and vow to
terminate the activity of this fraudsters by consolidating our
security Network all over the country in view to monitor all outgoing
and incoming communication to enable us fish out and avert all illegal
and suspicious transaction both domestically and internationally
respectively.

Moreover, it occurs that some of our Financial Institutions (Bank)
serve as a Condit pipe by which this fraudsters use to perpetrate the
undo crime. We have signal all these financial institutions to
implement scrutinized investigation before carrying any transaction
any bank found culpable of breaching the law must have their
operational license revoke/

In accordance with the criminal and other related offense act 25 of
1999 constitution we have been officially compel by Senator. A.
Aminu(JP), Chairman Senate committee on Foreign Affair to mapped out
billions of Dollars from the Annual Budget to compensate all defrauded
victims as part of the ongoing National Reform Scheme of the president ,

By the strength of this development the sum of US$5.Million United
States Dollars (USD$5,000,000.00) has been SIGNED to each
beneficiaries as compensation, so you will be receiving the above
mentioned compensation fund without fee.

Be inform from this day that if we find out through security agency
that you are still in email and telephone communication with this
criminals your compensation payment will discard and terminated and
you will report to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for
questioning your transaction ,
Kindly send your address where we shall send the original documents of
your compensation by courier to you as it has approved

1. Your Full Name:
2. Your Residential Address:
3. Telephone Number (cell )

For more details on receipt of this mail contact this office. Await
for your reply
Thanks for your anticipated cooperation in this .

Yours Faithfully.
Mr.Ekpo Nta
Chairman Icpc Nigeria.
(Independent Corrupt Pratice Commission,Icpc)
Direct Line:+234-7067446071

YAHOO!!!
Today at 12:51 PM

[We wish to inform you that you have emerged a winner of ($5,000,000 USD)
in our October 2015 draws Please contact our claims officer through the details below:

Mr.George Rowland
[Official Remittance Director.]
Asian Regional Sector
E-mail:

You are to establish contact with the Following Informations:

Name
Residential/Office Address
Telephone
Fax Number

Thanks & Regards.
Yahoo Asia Team.

Your Impending Payment !

Oct 22 at 7:20 PM

To

Recipients

I am Mr.James B. Comey, Jr, The New FBI Director; After proper investigations,we discovered that your impending payment that have been withheld by imposters, claiming to be LAMIDO SANUSI LAMIDO (Governor of the Central bank of Nigeria),Mr. Patrick Aziza, Mr. Frank Nweke, None existing officials of the Oceanic Bank of Nigeria and Zenith Bank, UK winning Lottery, Andy Lear of Hsbc bank, Coca-Cola winning lottery and among a list of others is now under our custody with the help of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Local Police Force.

Investigations revealed that you have spent a lot on your personal earned money just to conclude the successful transfer of your funds to your nominated bank account by obtaining transfer documents as requested by the imposters, costing you a lot of money but all to no avail The FBI had to send some financial crime investigators from our head office in NEW YORK Field to Africa and Asia in other to carry out proper investigation

The New FBI has given authority to the International Monetary Funds (IMF) to assist the Federal Ministry of Finance and all the organization involved; such as the Central Bank, Zenith Bank, and Legit lottery organizations to immediately commence with the compensation of all the beneficiaries awaiting the successful transfer of their funds. With the help of some of the best Internet investigators attached to the FBI, we traced your information from the Internet as one of the beneficiaries awaiting the successful transfer of funds to your nominated account.

I am pleased to inform you that a meeting was held as regards to the best way to carry out with the compensation exercise for transparency and most especially to avoid reoccurrence of the delay in transferring your funds and the high cost of procuring transfer documents and came to a final conclusion as all head of organizations involved was duly represented.

It was approved to be issued to you as a valid international ATM card cashable at any ATM machine designation in the world. The ATM account has already being credited with two million, five hundred thousand United States dollars. ($2.5,000, 000.00USD) , with a daily Limit of withdrawal of Ten thousand United States Dollars. ($10.000, 00USD).The ATM card has already being packaged and approved to be delivered to your door step via express courier delivery service.

Contact Mr George Venizelos {Our FBI ATM Rep.} at the ATM PAYMENT CENTER and reconfirm your delivery information as stated below and your security code with five digit (15011) number has to be submitted alongside with your delivery information for security reasons

DELIVERY INFORMATION
FULL NAME:
CELL PHONE NUMBER:
CURRENT OCCUPATION:
SCAN COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT

CONTACT INFORMATION:

NAME: Mr George Venizelos
http://www.fbi.gov/newyork/our-leadership/venizelos
EMAIL: [email protected]
FBI CODE (15011)
CALL ME ON +918447847665

Last edited:
Mr. Bill Gates <Mr.BillGates@>
Oct 22 at 6:54 PM

To

Recipients

Greetings to You from Mr Bill Gates

You have been gifted $5 MILLION USD From Mr Bill Gates. Contact me at this email for your claim: [email protected]

I hope this information meet you well as I know you will be curious to know why/how I selected you to receive a sum of $5,000,000,00 USD, our information below is 100% legitimate, please see the link below:

http://www.cnet.com/news/bill-and-melinda-gates-top-forbes-list-as-most-philanthropic-americans/

I BILL GATES and my wife decided to donate the sum of $5,000,000,00 USD to you as part of our charity project to improve the 10 lucky individuals all over the world from our $65 Billion Usd I and My Wife Mapped out to help people. We prayed and searched over the internet for assistance and i saw your profile on Microsoft email owners list and picked you. Melinda my wife and i have decided to make sure this is put on the internet for the world to see. as you could see from the webpage above,am not getting any younger and you can imagine having no much time to live. although am a Billionaire investor and we have helped some charity organizations from
our Fund.

You see after taken care of the needs of our immediate family members, Before we die we decided to donate the remaining of our Billions to other individuals around the world in need, the local fire department, the red cross, Haiti, hospitals in truro where Melinda underwent her cancer treatment, and some other organizations in Asia and Europe that fight cancer, Alzheimer's and diabetes and the bulk of the funds deposited with our payout bank of this charity donation. we have kept just 30% of the entire sum to our self for the remaining days because i am no longer strong am sick and am writing you from hospital computer.and me and my wife will be traveling to
Germany for Treatment.

To facilitate the payment process of the funds ($5,000,000.00 USD) which have been donated solely to you, you are to send us

your full names.................
your contact address................
your personal telephone number...............

so that i can forward your payment information to you immediately. I am hoping that you will be able to use the money wisely and judiciously over there in your City. please you have to do your part to also alleviate the level of poverty in your region, help as many you can help once you have this money in your personal account because that is the only objective of donating this money to you in the first place.

Thank you for accepting our offer, we are indeed grateful You Can Google my name for more information: Mr Bill Gates or Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

REMAIN BLESSED

Regards
Mr Bill Gates

"Elloh, I am calling because Microsoft has determined that your computer infested with malware, spyware, virus and codes."
"Oh my! That's just terrible! What must I do?"
"Please go to computer and turn on right away."
"Uh, huh, and then what?"
"Is computer turn on now?"
"Of course. What should I do now?"
At some point they realize you are dragging them along, and they hang up. It's something to do while you wait for supper to be finished.

I just got what is probably the longest, plus most pointless, scam e-mail ever. Nothing about an inherehance, or you having to send any information. Just some very long-winded thing about swing votes in Columbia taking over some regime - or something. This paragraphs-long thing is repeated in spanish before the e-mail finally comes to an end.

PayPal
Notice of changes to the PayPal User Agreement

Hello Dear,

We're constantly working to make PayPal safer, simpler and more convenient for our customers.
This means that from time to time we have to make changes to the terms of our User Agreement.
To make sure you are always informed we have posted recent updates on our website.

What do I need to do?

Click here ,and sing in to your paypal account , update your account info
Please read the Policy Update carefully. It contains important legal information about when and how the changes to our User Agreement will become effective.
If you agree to the changes, you need to do anything as any updates will automatically come into effect. If you do not wish to accept the changes, we have also provided you with the steps you can take on the Policy Update page.

Please note that the current User Agreement will apply until these changes take effect.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal
PayPal SPAM letter.jpg

To

Recipients

Message body
CO- OPERATIVE BANK OF KENYA
Address: 48400-00100, Nairobi Kenya
From: Executive Director, Member of the Board of Management
of The Co-operative Bank Mr. Mark Johnson.

Ref: Payment Release Update
Amount Valued: US $ 2,500,000.00.
Foreign payment allocation security code (US / A84PRFGN2015)

Attention: Beneficiary,

By means of this message, we wish to inform you that your hour of
compensation and actualization has come after our meeting with the
United Nations, and the World Bank Management include our bank
Co-operative Bank Management, it has been agreed that your real
approved funds It valued US $ 10,500,000.00 and the compensation of US
$ 2,300,000.00 (Total US $ 12,800,000.00) will now be processed and
released to your Bank Account through Wire Transfer Department of the
Co-operative Bank.

However, it may interest you to know that after the meeting, with the
above mentioned office's have entered into full partnership with the
Co-operative Bank and your funds Total valued US $ 12,800,000.00 will
now credited to your Bank account by the Wire Transfer
Department of the Co-operative Bank as soon as you make contact with
us.

To this effect, you are to contact us with your information listed
below for the immediate release of your funds.

Full Name: ...............
Address: ....................
Telephone: ....................
Mobile: ........................
Email: .........................

Bank Name: --------------------------
Address: ----------------------------
Account No :. ------------------------
Routing No :. ------------------------
Swift Code: -------------------------
Account Name: -----------------------

Thanks for banking with Co-operative Bank while we looking forward
to serving you with the best of our service.

Thanks and Congratulations in Advance.
Best Regards,
Signed
Executive Director,
Member of the Board of Management of The Co-operative Bank.

NOTE THAT THE ONLY FEES ATTACHED TO THIS TRANSACTION IS ONLY $180.00 THEREFORE DON'T BE DECEIVED TO BE CHARGED MORE THAN THIS OUTSTANDING CHARGE OF $180.00

ALL OTHER FEES, AND ARRANGEMENT TO GET THINGS DONE HAD BEEN SETTLED MY THE GOVERNMENT OF THIS COUNTRY, THEREFORE BE CAREFUL.

Tel..+254736677437.

============================================
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and intended Solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent Responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, is
Prohibited.
============================
Co-operative Bank @ 2015

Ha ha - "To this effect, you are to contact us...for immediate release of your funds...."

Yeah, right out of your account.

But now I have a new car:

MRS Rachael Adams'' <''MRSRachaelAdams''@>
Today at 1:46 AM

To

Recipients

Message body

BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
5070 WILSHIRE BLVD
LOS ANGELES. CA 90036
NEIGHORHOOD: MID WILSHIRE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
EMAIL:[email protected]

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new 2015 Model BMW Hydrogen 7 Series Car and a Check of $1000,000.00 USD from the international balloting programs held on the 1st section 2015 in the UNITED STATE OF AMERICA.

The selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures to the claim of your prize.

Name: Mr.David Williams
Email:[email protected]
Contact him by providing him with your secret pin code Number BMW:2541256004/25. You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon as possible:

1. Name In Full :
2. Residential Address :
3. Nationality :
4. Age :
5. Occupation :
6. Direct Phone :
7. Present Country :
8. Email address :
9. pin code Number BMW:2541256004/25

Mrs. Rachael Adams.
THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

---------------

The claims agent is using a gmail account? I need to rush out right now and send this information.

Subject: "Dear friends hello"

Hey guy,

You just need to open a store or you ebay, Amazon Website shop can make money , a lot of money. Mattress. Leather bed. office furniture. I provide quality product for you. Not you worry

I specialized production sales e-cigarette. hair curler headset spy Candid Camera, Detective Camera products manufacturers headset, Bluetooth headset. Mattress. Leather bed. office furniture electric scooters (electric unicycle , 2 wheel scooter ,one wheel scooter ,mini scooter ,self balancing scooter ,mini smart scooter)etc 。Exporting promotional products with good quality and low price in US. UK. Europe

Pls feel free to contact with me if you would like to know more!

Add My Contact, or Call me, let''s talk cooperation details.

feng si hai

Shenzhen Ze Yu Trade

Address:. China, Guangdong Province, Shenzhen City,[...]

Tel: ***-***********
QQ:*****
Wechat: *****
Email: *****@qq.com

Some spam emails I received:

Susana Knox to me
Nov 24
The Affordable E.D. shop click here

Penelope Skinner to me
Nov 24
need someone to go out with? Find a Girl Who Likes You click here

Jill Norton to me
Nov 24
Your Popular E D web store click here

Gail Medina to me
Nov 23

Hey there, I am a very horny girl. Would you like to come over? Wanna take your d@ck and fill my mouth with it
We will start on the table at first

I hope you like my pictures
Chatting with you was better than sex with my husband

John Chan Cho
Nov 21
I have a business proposal for you.If you are interested get back to me for further details. Dr. John Chan Cho.

Wang Wei to me
Nov 20
I would like to discuss a project with you. Please email me back. via: wang_wei3@***.com
If you can handle this project
Best Regard's,
Wang Wei

Last edited:
My wife and I both received test messages a couple of days back supposedly claiming that our checking account had been locked for security from a bank that neither one of us had heard of. Later on she said someone had posted on Facebook that it was a scam gong around.

A new one: I received a call from someone wanting to sell me an extended warranty for my 2009 Chevy Impala. They rattled on and I had to tell them to wait a minute because I didn't have a Chevy Impala, when they finally hung up.

I've discovered that my work phone and my new personal phone (both Samsungs) allow numbers to be added to an auto-reject list. I'm definitely putting that to use.

SPAM and SCAM emails

The latest email scam seems to be an email from "Walmart", "Amazon" or some other well-known company and the title indicates you have shipping info for something you just ordered. If you, in fact, do have something coming check carefully the order number because it likely will not match.

And NEVER open an email with an attachment of any kind from someone you cannot verify. If it is indeed a good email they will send again or call you.

We received an automated call from someone who was selling a work from home as an automated dialing business get rich quick deal.

I get at least one junk call like these a month. I don't have ICLID service any more, but an answering machine is equally useful for screening calls.
For the past several years, ever since I finally got an answering machine (which was as hard to use as I was afraid it would be, since there was no manual) someone has called and left the message, "Hello, vchimpanzee? ... Are you there? ... Hello?" I didn't use my real name here but it's the one on my credit card, bank account, bills, etc. And no one calls me by that name. I don't like people who don't know me calling my by my first name.

Back
Top Bottom