• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

Here's one I just got about 10 minutes ago:

Attn: The Beneficiary

TELEGRAPHIC TRANSFER NOTICE.

We are hereby officially notify you concerning your fund telegraphic
Transfer through our bank, Suntrust Bank, New York, to your bank
account, which has been officially approved by the management of World
Bank Swiss (WBS) to credit the sum of US$18.5 Million into your bank
account.

Note that I have started processing your payment and every thing
concerning the immediate remittance of your funds will be carried out
within the shortest possible time from the time we received your? Below
needed information.

Also be informed that the Governor of Bank in Cote D Ivoire (CI) will sign on
your payment advice and a copy of the advice will be sent to the World
Bank in Swiss for some record purposes. Meanwhile your information and
your full contact details were received from our research manager, Barr.
Paul Peterson on your behalf to FRB for immediate release of your fund.

This fund was part of usa lottery unclaim discovery fund with World Bank
of Switzerland, which the Swiss Bank has
decided to distribute it generously to help few lucky individuals and the
American Government is in agreement with the Swiss Bank to distribute the
fund to 700 hundred thousand people in America, Europe & Asia in other to
help improve their businesses.

Therefore, reconfirm the aforesaid information accurately, because this
office cannot afford to be held liable for any wrong transfer of funds or
liable of any fund credited into an unknown account.

These are the information we needed to be reconfirmed by you.
1.Your Full Bank Account Details
2.Your Direct Cell or office phone to reach you
3.Your address of locations
4.Your full name

Finally, you are required to reconfirm directly to me the above
information to enable me use it to process your bill of payment.

Your quick response shall be mostly appreciated; all your response should
be directed through our alternative email address for the immediate
attention of the credit control department.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr.Fred Willison.
Vice Chairman, Director, Credit /Telex Department

I'm so excited to be getting this opportunity to claim some of those forgotten millions! :D
icon13.png

Here's another great one. Sent to the RadioDiscussions email address. I'm pretty sure that Paypal would get the language usage correct (and it's not Paypal .... it's PayPal).

Dear Paypal User,

Thank you for choosing Paypal, We are hereby notifying you that your online access needs to be reviewed on our server for security reasons and some additional security needs to be added.
Kindly continue with require information on below link

CLICK HERE

Note: You will need to update your information for that service completely.

© 2000-2015 Paypal, Inc. All right reserve.

I'm a user here and on the "Insightful" radio board. I got spam Private Message on both boards within the past week or so.

I had a private message on the other board a few days back from someone who claimed she wanted to be friends. When I checked she didn't have a profile. Needless to say I didn't answer.

From Mr. Mark Jude

I Mr. Mark Jude I was born on the 19th of July 1959. I am a widow and I have a daughter who is 15 year old. I am so happy to be writing you this message because it gladdens my heart if you can share my passion to begin this project which I want to start.

I want you to understand that my present medical state will not allow me move around to make this project a reality, this is why I need your assistance to make this project come through. My late husband was a dealer in precious stones, he buys from Ghana and Asia and I joined him in the business some 20 years ago and ever since then we have been able to make lots of money.

The problem is that my husband was actually an Orphan and we both grew up in an orphanage home and we have nobody to assist except my daughter who is 15 year of age. Right now my daughter is 15 years of age and I have been diagnosed with a deadly syndrome disease and I also have brain tumor as it is at the moment, the doctor’s are saying that I only have just some few month to live as to be realistic with you I have say 1 month or so this is why I want you to do this for me as a Charity work as there is no one to handle this money.
Now the fund is presently in a bank. I have asked you for this because I want you to retrieve the money from the bank and half of the money should be used in setting up the orphanage and other facilities to help the less privilege why the other half of the money should be used in investment in your country.

Note that this investment is going to be in your name but my daughter should have 50% of this investment. Also, you will have to adopt my daughter as your child, she should live with you till she is old enough to marry and then you can help her in building her own life with her share of the investment.

Note that when you accept this offer and accept to adopt my daughter as your own child and take good care of her, I will introduce you to the bank as a beneficiary to the account where the fund is and make you a signatory to the account.

Respond to me with a copy of your identity card if you accept this offer and please do not forget that there is no one to take care of my daughter so you must adopt her as your child and you must set up the infrastructure to cater for the needy and less privilege.

Remain blessed.

Thanks
Mr. Mark Jude

FBI Headquarters in Washington , D.C.
J. Edgar Hoover Building , 935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington , D.C. 20535-0001 USA
www.fbi.gov

ATTENTION: BENEFICIARY
This e-mail has been issued to you in order to officially inform you that we have completed an investigation on an International Payment in which was issued to you by an International Lottery Company. With the help of our newly developed technology (International Monitoring Network System) we discovered that your e-mail address was automatically selected by an Online Balloting System, this has legally won you the sum of $2.4million USD from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT.

Normally, it will take up to 5 business days for an INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED
BANK DRAFT by your local bank. We have successfully notified this company on your behalf that funds are to be drawn from a registered bank within the world wined, so as to enable you cash the check instantly without any delay,
henceforth the stated amount of $2.4million USD has been deposited with IMF.
We have completed this investigation and you are here by approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been deposited with IMF you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Lottery Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Cotonou, Benin Republic. According to our discoveries, you were required to pay for the following,

(1) Deposit Fee's ( IMF INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE )
(2) Shipping Fee's ( This is the charge for shipping the Cashier's Check to your home address)

The total amount for everything is $98.00 We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $98.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been deposited IMF and cannot be
accessed by anyone apart from you the winner, therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this your transaction In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge ( Mr. Mark Ben ) via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:

CONTACT AGENT NAME: Mr. Mark Ben
E-MAIL : [email protected]
PHONE: +229 68658982

You will be required to e-mail him with the following information:

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

You will also be required to request Western Union or Money Gram details on
how to send the required $98.00 in order to immediately ship your prize of
$2.4million USD via INTERNATIONAL CERTIFIED BANK DRAFT from IMF, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this
transaction: EA2948-910.

This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is
authorizing you to pay the required $98.00 ONLY to Mr. Mark Ben information in
which he shall send to you,

Faithfully Yours,
For And On Behalf Of
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Mr.James B. Comey, Jr.
Executive Director

-------------

At least they give an explanation (excuse?) as to why the $98 can't be pulled from the full amount.

Last edited:
I recently got a message from someone claiming to be the IRS and that I would be sued for tax fraud if I didn't call back immediately. I was suspicious to begin with because I figured if it were true I would be receiving letters before a phone call. I looked the number up online and sure enough it was another scammer. It looks like some of these jerks don't mind breaking the law by impersonating IRS agents.

I also have recently received live calls claiming to be computer support or from "Windows" and calling to check because they've found trouble with my computer. The first time I asked for their names they immediately hung up on me. The second time I told them I knew it was a scam and immediately hung up on them. Both times they showed up as a private number on my caller ID.

I'd love to see these clowns get caught and arrested. :mad:

Hello,

Greetings to you and your family, i hope everything is well with you over there. My name is Abiba Faisal and 16 years of age. My late father was the former minister of Finance in Libya, though my families died during the last war in Libya due to our former president decision not to come down from office after many people protested for him to come down and many lives were lost as a result of the war.

I am a refugee here in Ouagadougou and i want you to help me claim 2.5 Million USD my late father deposited in a security company, i have tried to get this money from the security but they said i must be up to 18years before i can come for the money that is why i want you to claim the money as my late father’s family friend and you will help travel to your country for a better life after you receive the money from the security company.

Please send me your information below for me to take to the security company for them to make arrangement for the transfer, also you can reach me here for more informations

Your full name..........
Your private telephone number..........
Your passport or identity card........
Your country....................... ...
Your occupation..............

Thank you as i wait your reply.

Kind regards,

Abiba Faisal.

"I saw your profile and decided to contact you in good faith. my name is Alice I am, working with the United Nations. I'm from Florida in the United States. I believe we are in a small world, and if we can be friends, then one day we may have the opportunity to meet and know ourselves more. Good friends mean a lot to me and I trust you will be one. Thank you and have a nice day.You can contact me through my private email so that i will send you my pictures because I did not stay in place at a time:

Last edited by a moderator:
"I saw your profile and decided to contact you in good faith. my name is Alice I am, working with the United Nations. I'm from Florida in the United States. I believe we are in a small world, and if we can be friends, then one day we may have the opportunity to meet and know ourselves more. Good friends mean a lot to me and I trust you will be one. Thank you and have a nice day.You can contact me through my private email so that i will send you my pictures because I did not stay in place at a time:

That's the same one I have received twice in the past week at the other board. I asked about it there and it's definitely a scam.

Here's why I've always, from the start, been able to identify these scams.

I always asked myself: How the hell did they ever even hear of me? I never get these at my professional e-mail address, only my personal one with my "real" name on it. Only friends and companies I do business with online know that one.

Last I checked, I had no contacts in Nigeria or wherever ... :D

I always asked myself: How the hell did they ever even hear of me? I never get these at my professional e-mail address, only my personal one with my "real" name on it. Only friends and companies I do business with online know that one.

Last I checked, I had no contacts in Nigeria or wherever ... :D

Probably from email lists pilfered from one of your email contacts. Some people don't protect their contacts with the result their email address is published to anyone who wants it (social sites, blogs, etc.). Another common issue is people forwarding emails but failing to delete previous headers or use blind carbon copy. Bingo! Your address is out there all over the place. From there it is relatively easy to obtain the rest of their contacts especially if a public email engine is used (Yahoo, AOL, etc.). I use public email engines but do not maintain a contact list on them. My contact list is kept separate from the email engine in a place where anyone looking would have to search my entire disk drive array.

I REALLY believe this one. I'm very happy for your good fortune, Mrs Jane Frederick. "smile and be happy"

Address FBI Headquarters
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
Telephone: (202) 660-4773

Call/Sms: (202) 660-4773

Greeting From FBI Headquarters Washington DC 20535-0001

The Federal bureau of investigation FBI Washington DC believe you received the previous message we sent to you, prior to your dealings with the US Custom Authority at (JFK) John F. Kennedy International Airport New York as regards to your over-due contract payment consignment trunk box worth $ 8,000.000.00 (Eight million us dollars only) which was endorsed in your favor and like we stated earlier, we have dully screened through this project as stipulated on our protocols of operation and have finally confirmed that your contract payment is 100 % genuine and hitch free from all facet and of which you have the lawful right to claim your fund without any further delay.

This is to let you know that we have just been informed through secret source that the US Custom Authority at (JFK) John F. Kennedy International Airport New York are making arrangement to have your contract fund wired into the Bank account of Mrs Jane Frederick, the lady that contacted them, earlier and presented some documentations evidencing your claim purported to have being signed personally by you for the release of your contract fund to her, since you have chose to ignore their messages and refuse to pay the required $ 150 for Custom Clearance Certificate charges as imposed, despite the advise we gave to you.

I want to personally assure you once again that you will have every course to smile and be happy upon conclusion of this project, as we will continue monitoring all your services with them at all level as well as your correspondence until you have received your Metal Trunk Box accordingly. As a lawful legal owner we are hereby to protect your interest and that is the reason why we are doing all we can to make sure all goes well because this is a huge amount of money which we do not wish for you to lose .

We understand that the imposed fee might be too much for you to pay so to further make things easier for you, we have discussed with the US Custom Authority at (JFK) John F. Kennedy International Airport New York pleaded on your behalf for them to give you the grace of sending half of the charges $75 for now after which the Diplomatic Agent delivery your consignment trunk box to you then once you receive your fund you can then pay the balance $75. All we want you to do right now is to send the half of the money with the name listed below so we can forward it to Benin Republic Customs authority to help us obtain the Custom Clearance Certificate and the diplomat will make the delivery to your home address tomorrow morning.

SEND VIA MONEY GRAM ONLY

Receiver Name: Basil Obah
City Location: Cotonou
Text Question: How Long
Text Answer: 24hours
Amount: $ 75

Sender's Name
MTCN

Contact us right away and let us know when you send half of the charges as we discussed with them to enable them route your fund to you with immediate effect. This is a life time opportunity and we will advise you take advantage of it, before it It is too late to do so.

Also we are informed that we came to an agreement with the US Custom Authority at (JFK) John F. Kennedy International Airport New York that you will be sending half of the fee latest before the end of tomorrow. So please we will advise that you send the fee right away because if you fail to do that, then they will have no other choice than to release your fund to Mrs Jane Frederick who is ready to work with them and that am sure will be a very great loss to you as we You will not be able to help you then,

CLICK ON REPLY, TO REPLY BACK TO ME DIRECT, and do not forget to give me your direct mobile line for private communication. All the messages you have been receiving from those low life fake peoples were from her the same group of fake members only to confuse you. To Visit FBI Headquarters / Tours. Our Headquarters is located between 9th and 10th Streets in northwest Washington, DC The closest Metro subway stops are Federal Triangle on the Orange / Blue lines, Gallery Place / Chinatown and Metro Center on the Red line, and Archives / Navy Memorial on the Yellow and Green lines

Yours in service,
JAMES B COMEY JR
FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, DC 20535-0001

These days I rarely get garbage in my E-mail file/s. I have implemented some pretty aggressive /dev/null-style filtering there -- basically, if a certain code word isn't included in the subject line of every incoming memo, down the s---ter it automatically goes. Somehow the UNIX shell service that I get E-mail through does manage to get around that and send me *their* internal adverts and memos and crap, which I usually delete right off anyways. Nothing really interesting or pertinent to what I use it for, but at least I know where it's coming from.

But as far as the kind of stuff you guys have been mentioning: well, I suppose I probably am getting it and it's piling up somewhere on their mailserver, but hey, out of sight and out of mind.

Last edited:
I'm pulling them out of the SPAM folder.
I find it amazing that some people actually fall for this crap.

I find it amazing that some people actually fall for this crap.

Me too.

I mean, how did they know that Mrs. Jane Frederick is an old friend? And how fortunate is it that the head of the FBI has secret sources in Customs at JFK Airport?

My favorite line in that one is "All the messages you have been receiving from those low life fake peoples were from her the same group of fake members only to confuse you." I'm not confused enough to forget how to hit "delete" ...

Its great when they send these emails to the radio stations main email address, makes it feel so less special when you realize they send these to everybody!

Thankfully, the recipient of the Afghanistan army orphan was able to log in to tell us about it, so I am guessing that he did not open the Trojan Horse...er...pics of the poor orphan, who couldn't quite get it right.

Claims No.47907

Yahoo! Asia
Lotto No.8429204320
Official Notification.

[We wish to bring to your Kind attention that your E-mail account has Won (5,000,000USD) in the August 2015 Yahoo! Draws.]

To claim your winnings, Please contact our agent through the Email below:

Mr. Benjamin Morgan
[Official Claims Director.]
Yahoo! Promotions
Asian Regional Sector
E-mail:

You are to establish contact with the Following Informations:

Name
Residential/Office Address
Telephone
Fax Number

Thanks & Regards.