• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Phone and email SPAM and SCAM alerts

I think the scammers have come up with another trick. I've received some calls lately claiming to help with credit card consolidation. When I called them back to check it they claimed to be with a major credit card company like Discover, Chase, etc. When I got one that claimed to be Discover I checked the back of my card and they had the same toll free area code and prefix. So either the scammers are faking claiming to be with a major credit card company if you call them back, or they're starting to spoof numbers from actual credit card companies on caller IDs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...scam-man-seduced-by-woman-goes-public/8314968

The Russian Dating scam well its too timely due to recent events though. I got spammed with Russian dating scams and I luckily deleted them mainly because they happen to be sent right when Russia is on the news or political reasons.

As a warning to others, a Mount Gambier man is sharing the details of his three-month dialogue with scammers who assumed the alias of a Russian woman on a popular Australian dating website.

Unreported dating scams rife

Australians are delivering millions into the hands of scammers in the hope of romance and love with many incidents unreported.
'Her' name was Aleksandra and 'she' was young and pretty with a long, dark mane of hair and dark brown eyes.

She contacted Dave (not his real name) on dating site Zoosk in November last year, telling him she was a 32-year-old Russian woman eager to pursue a serious relationship.

"And every day my feelings to you become stronger and I feel that we have a connection! And now we meet each other..."
Her emails from a Gmail account arrived every two days and at first were full of the little details of her life, like walking in the park with her friends and hanging out for pizza.

She sent dozens of pictures of her eating cake, dressed in a bathrobe, lying chastely on the bed, always dressed in white.

It was a mere two weeks before Aleksandra's emails swung in a more intimate direction, peppered with loving endearments and declarations of their future together.

perfect pair quote
A smitten Dave began to make plans, discussing travelling to Russia to see her — but he also had his doubts.

Unusually for someone her age, Aleksandra had no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. In fact, there were no online traces of her at all.

She had emailed her phone number but told Dave he could not call her, saying "my phone doesn't accept international calls".

Although she said she was 32 years old, the pictures she sent appeared to be of a much younger woman.

It was December when the first plea for help with her travel arrangements arrived in Dave's inbox.

"My dear, you have 310 dollars now? Help me. Let's do it and meet me! I love you. I can't live without you."
But Aleksandra told him she had no bank account so money must be sent via transfers through Moneygram or Western Union.

bank account quote
When Dave told his friends about his new girlfriend, they laughed and said: "mate, you're getting scammed" but Dave kept emailing and Aleksandra always knew the right thing to say to assuage his doubts.

"I'm not a crook, and not cheat on you. I'm honest with you. My intentions are serious. I have for you a huge and sincere feelings. I am the one in the photos. I am a real. I love you!"
She sent him passport pictures, told him she had spoken about their future to her family and even started to call him "husband".

"You are my loved man and I don't want to lose you," she reminded him constantly.

But Aleksandra repeated her requests that Dave transfer money to pay for her visa and half her airfare so she could travel to Australia and arrive at "the day when our dreams and desires become real".

A call from 'Aleksandra'

On Valentines Day this year, Dave was woken up just before 7am by a call from a private number.

The Aleksandra on the phone was less loving, more forthright and after wishing him "happy Valentine's Day", she quizzed him: "you are going to send the money?"

When he tried to call back, using the number she had emailed him, it was disconnected.

Dave emailed her to say he was starting to doubt her story, which provoked a lengthy and impassioned response.

Police station quote
Included with the email was a copy of her passport, showing her name, address and photograph.

Despite his concerns, in February Dave went to his Mount Gambier bank branch to make a transfer of $400 to Aleksandra but he was stopped by a bank employee who told him bluntly she believed he was being scammed.

When Dave's friends suggested 'Aleksandra' might even be a man, his mood changed abruptly.

He wrote Aleksandra a final email.

"Sorry but I'm not a pay-for-everything sort of bloke. If you are serious about loving me and coming here, you will have to pay for it all yourself. Goodbye Aleksandra."
A week went by and there was no reply from the woman who had told Dave multiple times she was going to marry him.

Aleksandra had moved onto new victims.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-...scam-man-seduced-by-woman-goes-public/8314968

The Russian Dating scam well its too timely due to recent events though. I got spammed with Russian dating scams and I luckily deleted them mainly because they happen to be sent right when Russia is on the news or political reasons.

As a warning to others, a Mount Gambier man is sharing the details of his three-month dialogue with scammers who assumed the alias of a Russian woman on a popular Australian dating website.

Unreported dating scams rife

Australians are delivering millions into the hands of scammers in the hope of romance and love with many incidents unreported.
'Her' name was Aleksandra and 'she' was young and pretty with a long, dark mane of hair and dark brown eyes.

She contacted Dave (not his real name) on dating site Zoosk in November last year, telling him she was a 32-year-old Russian woman eager to pursue a serious relationship.

"And every day my feelings to you become stronger and I feel that we have a connection! And now we meet each other..."
Her emails from a Gmail account arrived every two days and at first were full of the little details of her life, like walking in the park with her friends and hanging out for pizza.

She sent dozens of pictures of her eating cake, dressed in a bathrobe, lying chastely on the bed, always dressed in white.

It was a mere two weeks before Aleksandra's emails swung in a more intimate direction, peppered with loving endearments and declarations of their future together.

perfect pair quote
A smitten Dave began to make plans, discussing travelling to Russia to see her — but he also had his doubts.

Unusually for someone her age, Aleksandra had no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts. In fact, there were no online traces of her at all.

She had emailed her phone number but told Dave he could not call her, saying "my phone doesn't accept international calls".

Although she said she was 32 years old, the pictures she sent appeared to be of a much younger woman.

It was December when the first plea for help with her travel arrangements arrived in Dave's inbox.

"My dear, you have 310 dollars now? Help me. Let's do it and meet me! I love you. I can't live without you."
But Aleksandra told him she had no bank account so money must be sent via transfers through Moneygram or Western Union.

bank account quote
When Dave told his friends about his new girlfriend, they laughed and said: "mate, you're getting scammed" but Dave kept emailing and Aleksandra always knew the right thing to say to assuage his doubts.

"I'm not a crook, and not cheat on you. I'm honest with you. My intentions are serious. I have for you a huge and sincere feelings. I am the one in the photos. I am a real. I love you!"
She sent him passport pictures, told him she had spoken about their future to her family and even started to call him "husband".

"You are my loved man and I don't want to lose you," she reminded him constantly.

But Aleksandra repeated her requests that Dave transfer money to pay for her visa and half her airfare so she could travel to Australia and arrive at "the day when our dreams and desires become real".

A call from 'Aleksandra'

On Valentines Day this year, Dave was woken up just before 7am by a call from a private number.

The Aleksandra on the phone was less loving, more forthright and after wishing him "happy Valentine's Day", she quizzed him: "you are going to send the money?"

When he tried to call back, using the number she had emailed him, it was disconnected.

Dave emailed her to say he was starting to doubt her story, which provoked a lengthy and impassioned response.

Police station quote
Included with the email was a copy of her passport, showing her name, address and photograph.

Despite his concerns, in February Dave went to his Mount Gambier bank branch to make a transfer of $400 to Aleksandra but he was stopped by a bank employee who told him bluntly she believed he was being scammed.

When Dave's friends suggested 'Aleksandra' might even be a man, his mood changed abruptly.

He wrote Aleksandra a final email.

"Sorry but I'm not a pay-for-everything sort of bloke. If you are serious about loving me and coming here, you will have to pay for it all yourself. Goodbye Aleksandra."
A week went by and there was no reply from the woman who had told Dave multiple times she was going to marry him.

Aleksandra had moved onto new victims.

Cell Carrier Alert <[email protected]> Today at 12:44 AM
To
[email protected]
This message contains blocked images.Show Images Change this setting
Message body

ATTN: Your partner received 76 text messages from a new-number

Click here to Find Out Now

To Unsubscribe Click Here
To enable all links in this message (including unsubscribe link), please click Not Spam on a toolbar

I've gotten about 5 of these today,

I've been getting scam texts lately claiming to help me with my student loan. I haven't had a student loan in decades.

Je suis Marceddu Rose Bernadette, chrétienne de nationalité Française.
J'ai le cœur serin vu que je suis touchée par une maladie. Selon
mon Docteur, une boule de sang s'est installée dans mon cerveau et est
à un niveau très avancé. Bien sûre que je ne vous connais pas, mais après
une longue réflexion et à travers mes prières, j'ai pris cette
décision de vous contacter. Je veux mettre à votre disposition une somme de
11.025.000 $ que je vous offre pour réaliser un projet qui consiste à
aider les enfants de la rue, les orphelins et les gens qui sont dans le
grand besoin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Marceddu Rose Bernadette, Christian of French nationality. My
Canary heart because I am touched by a disease. According to my doctor,
a ball of blood settled in my brain and is at a very advanced level. Of
course I don't know you, but after a long reflection and through my
prayers, I took this decision to contact you. I want to put at your
disposal a sum of $11.025.000 I offer you for a project that is to help
the street children, orphans and people who are in great need.

The various RadioDiscussions email accounts receive huge numbers of SPAM emails every day.
Everything from RussianBrides, AsianGirls, MilfsHookups, to DebtClear and, of course, drugs to correct or enhance sexual performance and, finally ... the "Remember me?" emails.
That's what happens when the email addresses are freely available for all to see.
The vast majority of these emails are automatically deleted as soon as they arrive. I seldom see any of them.
Surely, these SPAM artists would know to stop sending this trash when they get no response ... Nope!

Years ago I switched from Yahoo Mail from GMAIL because I was getting so much spam. I rarely use that Yahoo account. Ever since Yahoo Mail had the hack or data breach (whatever you want to call it) the amount of spam I get has doubled. I get almost no spam with GMAIL. And what little spam I do get mostly goes into the spam folder automatically. Funny I originally switched from Hotmail to Yahoo Mail because of all the spam.

Dear Sir My name is George Robert Callantine, born on the 24th, July 1929, a Citizen of the United States of America, I work with the United States Air Force for 19 years, after my resignation from the US Air Force I was awarded Medal of Honor and became a Top Pilot with the British Airways for 25 years before my retirement My Rout was mostly Asia, North Africa and Europe and was mostly flying British Chartered carrying World Leaders because of my years of experience During my active days, I assisted a Past Leader (Late) (Name not mention for security reason) who was then President of a North Africa Country to move cash in US dollars to the United States of America, because of my diplomatic pass as a Pilot, I was never check in any of the airport, the funds was being deposited in an Offshore Private Account with a Bank of United States under the management of a top US Base Lawyer These operations lasted for 7 years and the funds amounted to $1,700,000,000.00 (One Billion, Seven Hundred Million US Dollars) I was recently inform by the lawyer of the need to move because of the Depository agreement with the Bank, due to my age, I do not have the capacity or financial background to bank such an amount of Money, so I am contacting you for partnership in helping us receive the money for investment purpose I have attached my International Passport and as soon as I receive your response, I will email you the direct contact information of the lawyer including her telephone number and her passport copy to enable you commence direct communication with her Thanks and Best Regards George Callantine

Agent Mrs,Celina Migan <[email protected]>
To @ Sep 5 at 4:34 AM

--
i'm diplomat Mrs,Celina Migan I have just arrived at the Los Angeles
International Airport with your valued consignment box of $4.5 million
dollars 45 minutes ago, please
reconfirm

your home address.................
nearest airport....................... .
Your Direct Telephone...................

to me so that I can proceed to your home right now with your consignment
box immediately. I'm waiting for your prompt reply.My
email([email protected])
Text me immediately :+12029454200
Agent Mrs,Celina Migan

Gotta love this one ... Dear Friend .....

Dear Friend,

Good day, Firstly, I apologize for sending you this sensitive information via e-mail instead of a Certified/Post-mail. It is understandable that you might be a little bit apprehensive because you do not know me, But I have a lucrative business offer of mutual interest to share with you

My name is Mr. Philip Yiadom Asante.

I am a retired banker of Barclays Bank Ghana Ltd, I have a transaction of twelve million dollars ($12,000,000.00). I realized this fund from bank excess profit after trading with the capital sum and I deposited the funds in escrow call account. Finally I did not declare these funds to the bank before my retirement. I am contacting you, to stand as the beneficiary of these funds. I will give you 30% of the funds as your commission.

I am critically ill that is why I contacted you to finalize this transaction to enable me have a very good medical treatment. If you are interested, contact me indicating your full names or company name and address. Your direct telephone and fax numbers.

"My name is Mr. Philip Yiadom Asante, but you can just call me Mr."

We never answer calls that we don't know. Most don't leave messages, but one did tonight.

"This is an emergency alert. Your Microsoft Windows License has expired and your computer will no longer work. Please call blah blah blah and renew your license now. Again. This is an emergency alert. Your Microsoft Windows License has expired and your computer will no longer work. Please call now to renew."

I recently saw an ad for a law firm claiming that you can sue the scammers for $1500 for each call you received. If that worked I could be a millionaire. But how do you prove where it came from and how much of a cut would the lawyers take even if this is true?

LOL - classaction.com - yes, you too can get $5 or less from the multimillions after the lawyers take their cut.

Don't you love the "Dear Client?" Do they even know who they're contacting? NO!

Dear Client,

We're excited to announce that we have arranged to exhibit at Your Overseas Home's next exclusive event for Italy property buyers and you're invited!

For one day only De Tullio Law Firm will be at Epsom Downs Racecourse in Surrey (just off the M25) with a range of Italian property experts, on hand to meet with you, answer your questions and provide all the guidance you need to make your Italian property purchase as smooth as possible.

From: Mr. Marito Santiago (Actual address: "[email protected]")
Subject: SCAM VICTIM...

Compensation From International Monetary Fund (Imf)
Fraud monitoring Unit

Good day

Your email / name is among of the 326 scam Victims listed to be compensated by World Bank/IMF via ATM CARD each value $950,000.00 USD.

Kindly provide the details below:
Full Name:,
Current Address:,
Mobile number:
Amount Lost to Scammers:

Immediately you send the details The process of your compensation will commence send the details to the personalize email

of the company: [email protected]

Note that some people have tried to claim your money saying that you sent them we have send you a notifications without any

response these is the 3rd one if you don't respond that means you truly sent the man that wanted to claim your $950,000.00 USD.

You may also write us on the details below to claim your ATM immediately.
[email protected]

Awaiting your response,
Marito Santiago

Boy, they're really desperate to get replies now! So - When this doesn't work out, are they gonna finally give this up?

We get these emails all the time at the RD email account.

"Sorry that you've been scammed. Let us try it one more time, sucker."

LOL - classaction.com - yes, you too can get $5 or less from the multimillions after the lawyers take their cut.

Not all class action suits have such low payoffs.

I was in one involving the Progress Energy - Duke Energy merger, and my payout was several hundred dollars.

How much the lawyers got, I really don't know, but I gather they'd have gotten about the same amount if I had not responded.

Back
Top Bottom