• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KNDD names cluster Digital Program Director Leslie Scott as PD

I know I'm only a sample survey of one, but here's my two cents:

I'm 46 and remember when The End first went on the air. I guess I was right in the middle of their demo at the time (maybe not), but it was a great time. For me, it was KISW, KXRX, KZOK and KNDD. Great times. However, the past few years, I almost never listen to The End outside of Resurrection programs. I guess I'm getting too old, but I really don't like much (if at all) of the new stuff they play. How about playing everything alternative which would include stuff back to the '70s. That would draw me in more. Again, just one person's opinion.

I'm 46 and remember when The End first went on the air. I guess I was right in the middle of their demo at the time (maybe not), but it was a great time. For me, it was KISW, KXRX, KZOK and KNDD. Great times. However, the past few years, I almost never listen to The End outside of Resurrection programs. I guess I'm getting too old, but I really don't like much (if at all) of the new stuff they play. How about playing everything alternative which would include stuff back to the '70s. That would draw me in more. Again, just one person's opinion.

I'm about the same age so I understand where you're coming from. But historically, alternative/modern rock was where you could hear "tomorrow's hits today". So it makes sense to play newer music. It's a format that evolves with each generation and that's how it should be. But there is room for a "Classic Alternative" format somewhere. And if I'm not mistaken, KGRG-AM 1330 does that. http://kgrg1.com/

Being the Program Director for a company like Entercom means doing what you're told by the corporate consultant, then taking the fall when it doesn't work. There are very few local decisions made about programming.

Personal tastes and format definitions both evolve, which is why your perfectly normal departure from Alternative exists.

Being the Program Director for a company like Entercom means doing what you're told by the corporate consultant, then taking the fall when it doesn't work. There are very few local decisions made about programming.

I would wager you couldn't name any "corporate consultants" who specialize in Alternative, let alone the one who works with The End.

I would wager you couldn't name any "corporate consultants" who specialize in Alternative, let alone the one who works with The End.

I interpreted 345palm's comments as the "corporate consultant" not knowing anything about Alternative - imposing their will - then firing the PD when the plan fails.

Personal tastes and format definitions both evolve, which is why your perfectly normal departure from Alternative exists.

I understand. It's more of a desire to have something that's not there for me. Of course, I'd like to hear a return of The X. ;)

Meanwhile, down here at the other end pf the spectrum, I'm 21 and am really liking the way Alternative is going, but I really don't like the way Entercom presents the format. A really good Alternative station is the recently launched 103.7 in Danbury CT, which actually really reminds me of Click when it first launched.

I'm about the same age so I understand where you're coming from. But historically, alternative/modern rock was where you could hear "tomorrow's hits today". So it makes sense to play newer music. It's a format that evolves with each generation and that's how it should be. But there is room for a "Classic Alternative" format somewhere. And if I'm not mistaken, KGRG-AM 1330 does that. http://kgrg1.com/

They do...and it's an awesome format. Problem is, ya can't pick up that 1330 signal until you're about 5 miles outside of Enumclaw. Had almost no luck picking it up in Greenwater or Auburn about 3 months ago (15 miles in either direction).

That station would need to be paired up with another metro area signal (AM or FM) to make it even register a blip or for people to even care! The 107.3 translator out of the 'Claw has a pretty impressive range...

Radio-X

I understand. It's more of a desire to have something that's not there for me. Of course, I'd like to hear a return of The X. ;)

Some of the stories that came out of that building would keep modern-day HR departments busy for a very long time.

They do...and it's an awesome format. Problem is, ya can't pick up that 1330 signal until you're about 5 miles outside of Enumclaw. Had almost no luck picking it up in Greenwater or Auburn about 3 months ago (15 miles in either direction).

That station would need to be paired up with another metro area signal (AM or FM) to make it even register a blip or for people to even care! The 107.3 translator out of the 'Claw has a pretty impressive range...

Radio-X

I've heard 1330 in Maple Valley. Had to turn the Superadio to get it in O.K. Readable levels, though.

That little Enumscratch station sure doesn't get out like it used to. In the early '80s, I could pick 1330 up in Lynnwood, real weak, but audible. (Damn that noise floor....)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom