• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

No More 'Escape'

Escape, the 'Beautiful Music' channel on Sirius/XM is no longer in the on air lineup. Sad because this channel was one, for many including me, to get that format and made it a subscription worth having.

Escape, the 'Beautiful Music' channel on Sirius/XM is no longer in the on air lineup. Sad because this channel was one, for many including me, to get that format and made it a subscription worth having.

Yeah, I had subscribed just to get formats not available on local NAB radio - especially Escape and Águila (they axed that, too)

Done deal. SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLED.

I called to cancel mine, citing the loss of Escsape as a reason, and they gave me a free month indicating that it might be back by late September. If not, I'll cancel it then.......There are other things that I like, such as 80s on 8, THe Patriot and my wife likes the Contemp Christian station, but there are OTA alternatives that are close enough for those. Not so for Escape.

I called to cancel mine, citing the loss of Escsape as a reason, and they gave me a free month indicating that it might be back by late September. If not, I'll cancel it then.......There are other things that I like, such as 80s on 8, THe Patriot and my wife likes the Contemp Christian station, but there are OTA alternatives that are close enough for those. Not so for Escape.

That's a bummer. I assume alternatives exist online but...

Looks like Escape is returning tomorrow (9/15). News just posted on SXM's Facebook page. Escape returns to Channel 69. Caliente is relegated to Channel 158 (presumably in mono, like all the other music stations in that channel range), replacing BeIn Sports, a Spanish-language sports play-by-play channel (TV audio) featuring international soccer. SiriusXM continues to bury its Spanish-language lineup in the wake of its failed push to get Latinos to subscribe.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom