• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

780-AM WIIN today (Thursday, August 20, 2015)

780-AM WIIN is broadcasting talk shows this morning. It sounds as though it could be the same shows that 930-AM broadcasts in the mornings.

Actually you DID hear WSFZ 930 on 780 AM. I heard the same thing in Brandon a while back. Apparently when WIIN is off the air WSFZ can be heard on 780. I heard a very very weak signal on 780 that was a duplicate of 930. I'm not an engineer but I assume the AM 930 tranmitter is nearby or on the same tower which is somehow causing a phantom signal to appear. I remember several years ago WTWZ 1120 in Clinton was sending out a weak carrier signal that was blocking KMOX St. Louis at night for a couple of miles around Clinton. Someone explained that somehow the power line voltage was resonating through the tower creating the signal. WTWZ was not doing anything wrong since the transmitter was turned off at night, but you could still hear the signal. I haven't been in Clinton at night lately but I assume they fixed the problem. Sounds like something similar is happening at WSFZ or WIIN. Maybe an engineer can explain the technical reasons for this. BTW WIIN is still playing the Beatles with missing vocals and instruments, and the signal seems weaker as well. WSFZ's signal has also gone downhill as well

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom