• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Musicradio 1300

Mouse, looked at the config page...any suggestions to slow the bit rate down somewhat in the broadband version so my phone can listen to it at 200kb/s???

I don't think it can be set to exactly 200. But it can be set slightly lower to 192 which should work. If you want to go even lower, 128 is what many stations use.

128 is more than adequate. Average listener will think its a CD.

He set the broadband version to 128 now.
Dial-up version is now at 16.

Still too fast for my cell......oh well, time for the CQUAM

It should sound good in stereo with MP3 down to 80 or so, to me it's only when you go below 64 the quality difference is noticeable. 128 is good for broadband but not all cell networks.

10 G for $50 on Cricket/ATT really good deal!

Backed it down a little more and NOW I can stream it on my throttled Cricket...but next month I am going for 10GB at $50/month plan anyway :cool:

For your area, the best LTE coverage is going to be Verizon ... but you're not going to get 10 G of data from them, or any of the prepaid resellers using Verizon, for anywhere near that price. AT&T has the second best coverage, and Cricket now uses the AT&T network, so 10 G for $50 is a really good deal. I'm thinking about getting a backup Cricket phone for when I travel...

I'm a very heavy data user -- about 27 to 30 G a month -- and until recently had a grandfathered AT&T account with "tethering" (connect to laptop) unlimited highspeed data. Then under a new policy they started throttling the speed, which effectively shut me off from Netflix. This convinced me to switch to Sprint, which is the only carrier left offering unlimited without throttling. Works wonderfully in Houston, as well as along the Interstate Highways. Out in Lumberton and areas north and east -- Kirbyville, Buna, Jasper, Henderson, etc -- I have only voice service. No data at all (unless I turn on roaming and get on Verizon, which isn't included in my unlimited plan.) I wouldn't recommend Sprint to anyone!

Last edited:
My laptop is tethered to my HTC on Cricket as I type this message :eek: so it works.....nice when you are at a site with no internet..which this one does have but I cannot access it...

I used to be on Verizon with a PagePlus account...but now Verizon is going prepaid and dropping contracts due to others.

I now have 1300 with a new computer and now over 2000 songs in the library...Larry King formerly of Zoom 104.5 will doing mornings and I will be afternoon drive...now looking for a night person if anyone is interested...enjoy the stream....

Hoping to go live around September 1st...finally talked with Angel St Juan of KBMT Saturday morning at breakfast and he is very interested in doing news...just have to clear it with his GM who I will be talking with Monday morning..

Just out of curiousity, is this going to be a "hobby" station or do you plan to sell ads and try to make a business out of it?

Here are links to both AltaCast and Icecast. If anyone wants help with setting them up, message me. Altacast can also connect to Shoutcast servers.
http://www.altacast.com/
http://icecast.org/

Something else about AltaCast I forgot to mention, with Windows Vista and later it won't work unless you run it as administrator (right-click the icon). User Account Control likes to not allow it to work properly. This is a bug they haven't fixed.
If you installed it to a location not controlled by UAC, you don't have to run as admin every time.

Yeah, they dont like the Tinyurl.com for some reason....They want the actual link to the final address...SO WHAT??? the Tinyurl redirects.....Geesh....its temp anyway for now...

AND the stunting made news on ALLACCESS.com and Inside Radio called to confirm....talk about the word getting out!!

Well, Tunein.com finally fixed their listing for the stream...and Monday its a rebroadcast of the 2008 WLS BIG89 Rewind (hopefully in CQUAM stereo!)....but a file is missing.....have an email off to Kipper McGee who was PDof LS at the time and had all the CQUAM saved...hope he can find the missing 1 hr.....(and it WOULD be John Records Landecker opening at 6pm!!)...Everything kicks off at 5:30 am with the 30 minute special on WLS made by the voice of Musicradio1300 and WLS Alumni, Jeff Davis

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom