• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Musicradio 1300

ContinuousWave

Star Participant
Musicradio 1300 Lumberton will be testing tonight......and I hope to have the CQUAM exciter inline......AND if the music gets loaded in time, it starts transmitting Saturday until we got live in mid/late August (studios may be moved from Edison Plaza to the San Jacinto building due to insurance garage in the lease application (Flood and EARTHQUAKE?? CMON!!)

And the voice of Musicradio 1300?? The voice of WLS FM!! Jeff Davis , a former Big89 DJ and still does a shift on occasion on WLS FM, though with Jan Jefferies gone, he may not do that anymore..

Trying to talk to John Records Landecker about a weekend shift on my station...he, Bob Lenoard and one more....we will have the "Legends of Top40 Saturday" :)

At 2 or .27 kilowatts? If you're running the night power, I won't bother trying as there's just no way. At 2kW with the right conditions, it'd be worth going outside and playing the rotation game with my antenna.

I mean, what better way for a radiogeek to spend a Friday night? What time is your testing, C-Dub?

facebook-like-button2.png

I will try tuning it in tonight. Not sure if I will be able to pick it up because of KAHL 1310, but I will try it. It's below 1310, and I can usually pick up weak stations better on AM below strong stations vs above strong stations on the dial.
For example if KSET were on 1320 I would probably have worse luck, than 1300. Not sure if it's just my radio.

Havent tried night yet, but daytime was background noise here in sw Houston...

CW, one thing I've found is that folks don't like long stream URLs, and that the browsers on some phones won't open them unless you shorten their URL so it doesn't look like a host IP. I created a new shorter URL that redirects to your stream. This link will open your stream on all computers, and virtually any tablet, phone, or other device.

http://tinyurl.com/MUSIC1300AM

Last edited:
And as of Friday, I added a stream: http://107.215.175.52:88/broadwave.mp3?src=1&rate=0

I have it in mono right now (forgot when I Y'ed off the audio chain L&R were tied together to feed the 9100A processor)....am going to fix that later today and change up some music too.....(found some artists were double and tripled playing... oops :) )

Listening now; plays great on my Android phone using Google Chrome. Are you planning on getting the stream added to TuneIn radio or possibly even getting your own app (like my hometown station KVPI Ville Platte, LA) where they monetized the stream by adding a pre-roll advertisement?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity I just tried to get it in my truck. Had to drive around to find a spot where the powerlines didnt cause buzzing. But it is possible to hear this station in SW Houston. See video...https://youtu.be/NmWPPCJp0ko

No luck here in north Houston. Varying degrees of KVET from Austin, some significantly better than others, at different checks of 1300.

If it's on the air, KSET's Wikipedia page needs an update. I checked it a couple days ago, and boy, there sure have been several people hard at work updating it. When was the last time a Beaumont AM actually made for a little excitement around here?!?

Drove a little east to see what the service area was like. Doesnt start coming in really good until right before you get to the Anahuac/Hankamer exit on I-10.

Last edited:
His streaming machine crapped out. He's working on getting it back up.

Its back up but evidently a ground is loose..the audio on both stream and on air is horrible...no bass to it...thought it was the new music load...went back to the original feed and it sounds just as bad...oh well, I will worry about it tomorrow..

BTW as of today, I AM the owner and licensee :eek: ....the FCC approved the deal and we closed this afternoon....Consummation notice was filed this evening by our lawyer.

No luck here in north Houston. Varying degrees of KVET from Austin, some significantly better than others, at different checks of 1300.

If it's on the air, KSET's Wikipedia page needs an update. I checked it a couple days ago, and boy, there sure have been several people hard at work updating it. When was the last time a Beaumont AM actually made for a little excitement around here?!?

Thought Wiki's page WAS up to date......(well, now have to show the actual sale went through and Proctor-Williams is no longer the owner)

Thought Wiki's page WAS up to date......(well, now have to show the actual sale went through and Proctor-Williams is no longer the owner)

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The KSET Wiki has seen a lot of editing in the last few weeks. One thing I noticed, is that the day power is listed at 2.180 kilowatts, but KSET is only licensed at an even 2 kilowatts days, 270 watts at night.

See?
http://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=KSET&ccode=1&city=&state=&country=US&arn=&party=&party_type=LICEN

Did I miss a step in the KSET saga? Where'd those extra daytime watts come from?

Edit to add: BTW, forgive my rudeness, C-Dub. Congratulations on the purchase!

Last edited:
Its back up but evidently a ground is loose..the audio on both stream and on air is horrible...no bass to it...thought it was the new music load...went back to the original feed and it sounds just as bad...oh well, I will worry about it tomorrow..

BTW as of today, I AM the owner and licensee :eek: ....the FCC approved the deal and we closed this afternoon....Consummation notice was filed this evening by our lawyer.

Congratulations CW! I know you'll run a fine operation!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom