• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes at CBS 5/3 TV - What We Know So Far

formeraa

Star Participant
On the CBS5 Morning News, Paul and Nicole announced that tomorrow will be their last day.

• Paul will be moving to evenings to help out with weather.
  • Nicole will be moving to GEAZ 4pm to 6:30pm on 3TV

From tvspy.com, Yetta will be the morning anchor on CBS 5. However, who will be her co-anchor?

Why does Chris Dunn need help with the evening weather, unless Dunn is on his way out?

Is Nicole replacing Heather in the early evenings or will she alternate hours with Heather or will she become the Patti Kirkpatrick replacement?

Furthermore, who will replace Ryan O'Donnell on weekend mornings on 3TV?

Does anyone know what the anchor teams will look like?

Watching the Noon news and heard about Nicole and Paul. Lots of moving parts.

Nicole mentioned Katie will be here so I guess Katie Baker is will either be doing weather or anchoring.

I think Nicole will be taking the "Fields" position. While ANYTHING can change, 3TV seems to be sticking with Moore & Lee.

GMAZ weekend will be interesting. They will probably go with Jared Dillingham at least temporarily.

So far, it seems that the 3/5 management have made solid decisions, despite initial misgivings. Moore has done a credible job replacing Pena. Lee is growing on me, though I really liked Moseley. Olivia is doing a great job, replacing Kaley. Moving Tess and Javier into the early am on GMAZ seems to be working. Lina De Florias has been doing a really decent job subbing on 3 and 5. She seems to be a good addition to the 3/5 team.

We will see who is on CBS 5 Morning News next week.

At the end of this morning's broadcast, they played the obligatory clips of Paul and Nicole. Katie is staying on the morning news as meteorologist. Katie reported that the new newscast will be called, "Wake Up Arizona" with some upbeat new theme music. So, we know that Katie and Yetta will be on the new newscast. Marcy was strangely not mentioned.

Update

Found more information on #WakeUpArizona! Adam Longo will join Yetta Gibson and Katie Baker on "Wake Up Arizona" starting on Monday Morning!

Who will replace Adam Longo on the weekends? I'm betting on Lina De Florias, since she appeared with him last Sunday night.

More intelligence...there is a pic on Facebook that includes Adam, Yetta, Katie, and what appears to be Heidi Goitia. Perhaps Heidi will be doing the traffic. I know she has subbed several times for Gina on GMAZ in recent months.

On the CBS5 Morning News, Paul and Nicole announced that tomorrow will be their last day.
Why does Chris Dunn need help with the evening weather, unless Dunn is on his way out?

Chris Dunn just changed his Facebook page from Chris Dunn CBS 5 AZ to Chris Dunn Weather
While he is still listed on the CBS5 webpage (as of 7/31 2pm) could this also be a sign of an impending departure (contract not renewed)?

Chris Dunn just changed his Facebook page from Chris Dunn CBS 5 AZ to Chris Dunn Weather
While he is still listed on the CBS5 webpage (as of 7/31 2pm) could this also be a sign of an impending departure (contract not renewed)?

Chris Dunn is no longer the Chief Meteorologist for CBS 5. According to Nicole Crites FB page, she will be anchoring 4PM-630PM on 3TV. Along with that news, Paul Horton will be the new Chief Meteorologist from 5PM-10PM on CBS 5. Katie Baker (as mentioned above) will be the meteorologist for Wake Up, Arizona on CBS 5 as well as anchor the Noon Newscast.

Chris Dunn is no longer the Chief Meteorologist for CBS 5. According to Nicole Crites FB page, she will be anchoring 4PM-630PM on 3TV. Along with that news, Paul Horton will be the new Chief Meteorologist from 5PM-10PM on CBS 5. Katie Baker (as mentioned above) will be the meteorologist for Wake Up, Arizona on CBS 5 as well as anchor the Noon Newscast.

Interesting. He's on right now.

Chris Dunn is no longer the Chief Meteorologist for CBS 5. According to Nicole Crites FB page, she will be anchoring 4PM-630PM on 3TV. Along with that news, Paul Horton will be the new Chief Meteorologist from 5PM-10PM on CBS 5.
If you look at the experience, training and certification, Chris Dunn is hands down a better candidate for "chief". Paul is not certified by either NWA of AMS and only did the distance learning program from Mississippi State. This makes it seem like Chris' departure from the station will happen shortly.

If you look at the experience, training and certification, Chris Dunn is hands down a better candidate for "chief". Paul is not certified by either NWA of AMS and only did the distance learning program from Mississippi State. This makes it seem like Chris' departure from the station will happen shortly.

Perhaps the number of trailing zeros on the paycheck did the deciding.

Over on relatively stable KSAZ there are several "personalities" doing the weather and it isn't rocket science no matter who is doing it. After all, none of these people create the weather report. They just report what is created by real meteorologists.

I guess only time will tell.

Or, I should say, his contract expired and was not renewed. Not quite the same as being fired (which implicates misconduct -- something I'm sure is not the case), but close enough. Contract not renewed, laid off, on the beach, fired -- same thing essentially. You're still out of work.

Chris Dunn just announced his last newscast was tonight (Friday) on KPHO. Didn't say where he might go.

He just said goodbye during the 10 pm...which is more than a lot of departing personalities get to do.

Over on relatively stable KSAZ there are several "personalities" doing the weather and it isn't rocket science no matter who is doing it. After all, none of these people create the weather report. They just report what is created by real meteorologists.

In some areas of the country, the idea of having weather presenters instead of meteorologists makes a lot of sense. In others...it doesn't. Our expectations of an actual meteorologist doing the weather tend to be country specific.

Chris Dunn is no longer the Chief Meteorologist for CBS 5. According to Nicole Crites FB page, she will be anchoring 4PM-630PM on 3TV.

I wonder what happened to Heather Moore if Nicole will be anchoring on 3TV. Maybe she'll just do the 9-10:30 slot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom