• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New Spanish station on 94.1?

M

mrtejano

I was listening to La Nueva 94.1 and I kept getting interference on the station. The interference where commercials in Spanish so I couldn't listen to it a lot to see what station it was. Is there a 94.1 FM close to Houston that is in Spanish?

KLNO Fort Worth.

It was coming in like gangbusters this morning. Obliterated KQXY and the Barker translator at my house.

I think they're finally going to power up 104.5 FM here in Houston. I heard Mr Guevara speaking about how much money it's going to cost for this station. It will cover all Houston from North And South east and west

I think they're finally going to power up 104.5 FM here in Houston. I heard Mr Guevara speaking about how much money it's going to cost for this station. It will cover all Houston from North And South east and west

How can a second adjacent to KRBE and KAMA even get approved by the FCC?

It is a translator in NE Brazoria County and meets the separation requirements. It just got an upgrade from directional to non-directional with greater height, allowing the 60 dbu to just touch parts of Harris and Galveston counties. It meets all spacing requirements. What will be interesting is how the Orange station chops it up when there is inversion and ducting.

Example in Los Angeles. 106.7 KROQ Pasadena, 107.1 KSSE Arcadia, 107.5 KLVE Los Angeles. KSSE is located on the side of the "set of mountains" that hold most of the bigger LA FMs, while KLVE is at the tip... just a few miles away. KROQ is not far away on Verdugo a bit to the NW. KROQ and KLVE are B's, and KSSE is a full 6 kw A.

It is still a 250 watt translator in Brazoria County, not by any means a full signal.

KKMY won't give the 104-5 translator as much of a fit as KZEP in San Antonio will. As for the claim that it will cover Houston north to south, east to west, if that's what Señor Guevara believes he's in for a rude awakening. On paper, it's going to have trouble just getting north of downtown.

Or one directly between KMJQ & KLTN, from atop a downtown skyscraper no less. They get in where they fit in, Bruce. How KMAZ pulled that off, at less than 5 miles away from Houston licensed 100kW KLTN on Ennis Street is an anomaly to this geek. I get KMJQ, originating from Mo. City, but KLTN and KMAZ are within sight of one another. Baffling.

KKMY won't give the 104-5 translator as much of a fit as KZEP in San Antonio will. As for the claim that it will cover Houston north to south, east to west, if that's what Señor Guevara believes he's in for a rude awakening. On paper, it's going to have trouble just getting north of downtown.

On paper, the 60 dbu ends a couple of miles SW of Pasadena, and the 65 dbu where 95% of in-home and at-work listening happens, just barely scrapes Harris County.

Still, the 65 dbu covers about 403,000 persons... up from about 70,000 pre-upgrade (which is still listed as a CP)

Mediafrog had said I another topic that the station was listed as K284BX. But I couldn't find any information about it.

Ok found out it's actually K283CH-FM but it's listing it on radio locator as a translator for KLOL.

Ok found out it's actually K283CH-FM but it's listing it on radio locator as a translator for KLOL.

Yes, it is leased by CBS from the owner, Centro Cristiano de Vida Eterna

Last edited:
Here is their current licensed area with a directional pattern.

8845834_orig.jpg

And here is the new pattern they filed for on July 28th.

1984980_orig.jpg

Appears that it will reach into Houston, but with a marginal signal.

Also, I noticed that the name of a certain "banned broadcaster" that has a whole thread devoted to him doesn't appear in any of their new apps or engineering studies... Guess that's a good thing!

Last edited:
Ok, so I misinformed you all. The upgrade is for 94.1 they're moving the antenna to a higher tower where the signal will.cover Houston even more.

Ok, so I misinformed you all. The upgrade is for 94.1 they're moving the antenna to a higher tower where the signal will.cover Houston even more.

The useful signal for a low power station is somewhere between the 70 dbu and 65 dbu signal, in other words just outside the black contour on the map two posts ago... less than 10% of the total market population with the new signal. Those low power signals have a lot of problems penetrating buildings and homes, where 2/3 of listening takes place.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom