• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Wanna teach the next generation of Seattle radio stars? KMIH is hiring...

From the ad posted at the WSAB site:

"This is a .4 position of both teaching the Radio Broadcasting class and running the radio station. KMIH is a commercial free and widely listened to radio station heard from Shoreline, WA to Tukwila, WA. The station can be heard on 88.9FM or repeated on 94.5FM. You will teach the basics of broadcasting with an engaged group of high school students interested in the field. This award winning station is looking for a leader who will keep the station up to date technically, compliant legally, and relevant musically."

Sounds like a perfect job for those board denizens who think they know more about programming a station than the pros do.

Interesting! Is there anyone on this board that has been through that program? I'm interested to know what students are doing for that station. I don't listen because of the weak signal where I'm at, but from what I've heard the station is mostly jockless with some inserts recorded by students, but those are only a couple an hour.

You'd prefer them to teach the art of a slip cue, talking up the post, or splicing audio tape with razor blade?

I do not miss the analog tape splicing...Nope nope nope....

You'd prefer them to teach the art of a slip cue, talking up the post, or splicing audio tape with razor blade?

Hey! Leslie Larkin taught me how to splice tape with a razor blade at Bellevue Community College over a decade ago. Do you mean that skill won't come in handy some day?

If that was directed at me lol. No, I'm nnot old enough to remember when stations played records. I'm not even sure what my favorite station was using when I was born, KBSG in 1993 or KLSY at the same time. That being said, I would like to hear some students as on-air DJs.

I wonder who from KMIH ever went on to become a professional? Of past high school or college stations, I know KNHC produced quite a few notable ones, KASB a handful, KVTI a couple. Then again, over the years I never paid that much attention.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom