• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

dreaming, a fully accessible piece of radio automation software

bobdavcav

Star Participant
https://bobdavcav.files.wordpress.com/2015/07/bobs-broadcaster-manual.docx
As I wrote this, I started to realize that a free product might not be possible, but that's not what I want you guys to focus on. My question for all of you who have worked in the industry, is there anything that sticks out to you as being obviously missing or needing to be changed? Unfortunately I don't have the skills to develop this thing, but I'd love to find people who would.

Ok, I think I follow where you're trying to go, but couldn't the commercials category work for that with a rework of the category system?

Ok, I think I follow where you're trying to go, but couldn't the commercials category work for that with a rework of the category system?

Not really. Stations use separate scheduling systems for commercials so automation systems need to be able to read text files from those systems. Same thing applies to music, so those files also need to be importable.

Best bet is to leave the scheduling to a third party product and just categorize the audio.

Ok, I follow you, but why do they do it this way and what would be the drawback to having it all in one program? The only thing I can't seem to get my mind around how it would work with the system is stations that have extended music sets. For example, KKCW in Portland usually takes commercial breaks at 15 and 45, but at 8:30, they go into an all music hour, ending at 9:30, regular music set with a break at 10:00, another regular set, then another break and all music hour at 10:30. I suppose I could put in the ability to use break notes that tell the system to play commercials at certain points, allowing a more seemless transition between hours with odd scheduling, but I'm not sure why this would require a separate program.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom