• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ryan Williams

Star Participant
The assignment of license application has made its way through the FCC and was approved on Friday, July 24th. I would expect sooner than later Power FM will be turned off and WAY-FM will enter its largest market to date.

You are right, it is soon. According to spots that PowerFM is playing, October 1 is the date for that. I enjoyed their time here and am sorry they had to go. Such is the business.

Here in Houston we've been wondering if WAY-FM might be a suitor for KUHA, which is currently up for sale. If they wanted to get into DFW it's likely they'd want H-Town as well.

Is there anything for sale in San Antonio? I haven't heard of anything but that doesn't mean Way FM isn't interested for something down here. We could use something other than EMF.

Is there anything for sale in San Antonio? I haven't heard of anything but that doesn't mean Way FM isn't interested for something down here. We could use something other than EMF.
Heard of Mr Villarreal from Radio Aleluya is planning to start a station in San Antonio . I don't know but I heard he's in talks with TOMAS VILLAREAL to help him.

Interesting...

Kinda makes you wonder, don't it? You know, KCTI in Gonzales would make a nifty primary for a Radio Aleluya translator or three in San Antonio. The Villarreals certainly don't mind the AM band, considering they've acquired a cluster of them in and around Houston over the last couple of years.

It sure seems odd that KCTI called it quits without much of a notice given, and Daij isn't afraid to spend the money to acquire the right signal to expand their reach. I mean, look at Centerville's KUZN @ 105-9. It's not as if Centerville, Madisonville, or Buffalo has a wealth of potential listeners for their programming...but it feeds a plethera of translators for the Villarreal Brothers in areas they want to target.

I certainly wouldn't count them out of the race...

Kinda makes you wonder, don't it? You know, KCTI in Gonzales would make a nifty primary for a Radio Aleluya translator or three in San Antonio. The Villarreals certainly don't mind the AM band, considering they've acquired a cluster of them in and around Houston over the last couple of years.

Not that you couldn't do it because translators can translate other translators, but you couldn't do it directly without moving KCTI because a translator that relays an AM isn't supposed to put out a signal more than 25 miles from the tower or outside of the daytime primary signal contour. San Antonio is much farther than that from Gonzales.

This from AllAccess:
"The stunting on WAY MEDIA Contemporary Christian KAWA (89.7)/DALLAS ended at MIDNIGHT WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 1st, as they launched with live jocks and local content.Promotion also includes local partnerships with LECRAE and MERCYME concerts at the STATE FAIR of TEXAS.* WAY-FM is also featuring a contest with one of the largest church congregations in the country, GATEWAY WORSHIP/DALLAS, promising the delivery of concert tickets within 89 minutes of winning, anywhere in the metroplex.WAY-FM’s morning team, THE WALLY SHOW, kicked off the day talking with new listeners from DALLAS/FORT WORTH."

Best of luck to them! It's cool how they're doing local radio.

Kinda sad to see Power FM leave terrestrial radio but not gone entirely. Now I have that option to listen to them on my phone and stream via app just like how I listen to K-Love (not to be confused with KLUV), Air1, Jack FM, and 103.3 the App in San Antonio. I feel like my "presets" are better on my phone than on my car radio. How times have changed.

Listened to Way to give it a chance. Not so bad since they play my type of music that I would normally listen to on Sundays.

Not that you couldn't do it because translators can translate other translators, but you couldn't do it directly without moving KCTI because a translator that relays an AM isn't supposed to put out a signal more than 25 miles from the tower or outside of the daytime primary signal contour. San Antonio is much farther than that from Gonzales.

Exactly, which is why I was thinking a translator...or 3. It's happening with KUZN Centerville as we speak, from this very same broadcaster. 105-9 is (or was, it's off a lot) feeding a little army of translators in areas Aleluya wants to target such as College Station and Livingston. They sure aren't targeting the COL, and it's 800 or so townfolk. The closest one to KUZN picks up the primary and relays it down the road to the next one, and so on. Is there something I'm missing, Kent? Why couldn't this model be replicated in Gonzales?

Just curious, are they PPM encoding and subscribing, or is that too pricey for a non-comm?

R

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom