• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hulk Hogan Removed From WWE Website After N-Word Audio Surfaces

The hits keep coming for Hulk Hogan.

The WWE, which made Terry Bollea famous, took down the majority of mentions and video of Hogan from its website and stores Thursday after it was revealed he used the N-word several times in a 2012 radio interview.

Hogan was removed from the WWE Hall of Fame page and all of his merchandise was taken down from WWEShop.com, Wrestling News Source reported.

The move by the WWE apparently came in response to a 2012 radio interview between Hogan and DJ Whoo Kid, where Hogan described conversations between fellow WWE wrestler Booker T.

The latest controversy swirling around Hogan comes as he is about to go to trial against Gawker in a $100 million lawsuit against the site over the release of a sex tape featuring the wrestling star.

http://www.thewrap.com/hulk-hogan-removed-from-wwe-website-after-n-word-audio-surfaces/

Anyone that knows anything about pro wrestling, knows that Booker T called Hogan the name originally, during a live interview on World Championship Wrestling. I believe the exact words were, "Hulk Hogan, get ready, we're coming for you, -----!" The radio interview he gave touched on this subject and was the reason he uttered the word in the first place. He was asked abou the incident and responded. I detest racism, but this to me isn't. Another race baiting story, blown out of proportion.

Basically, anyone who relies on a high public profile for their livelihood can't ever be upset and say something they might regret.....even in private. That's really unfair, and about guarantees that every public figure will eventually be brought down with all of the surreptitous recording that now occurs.

WWE may have been looking for a way to sever the relationship because, unless what he said is far more horrible than what I can imagine, I have to think they could've backed him without too much trouble.

Interesting I heard in the news that he said the N-word which was recorded on a sexual tape . Like he was having sexual intercourse with someone when he said the word if this is true I think that is an invasion of his privacy as well .

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom