• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CCM in HD

This board has been pretty silent so I thought I'd bring up a new topic. Recently, EMF (K-LOVE) upgraded one of it's signals to HD in my DMA. It was very well executed and it sounds amazing (with Air1 being carried on the HD2).

How many other CCM stations have embraced HD?

This board has been pretty silent so I thought I'd bring up a new topic. Recently, EMF (K-LOVE) upgraded one of it's signals to HD in my DMA. It was very well executed and it sounds amazing (with Air1 being carried on the HD2).

How many other CCM stations have embraced HD?

KSBJ Houston programs the enormously good NGEN format on HD-2. Forget their primary signal, I listen to NGEN exclusively! It is what Christian radio SHOULD be: ngenradio.com

WPOZ Orlando does something similar, except they separate Christian hip-hop and rock into two formats. They also have a gospel HD channel, so I guess they are up to HD-4 now.

Both stations also operate translators in their market, so the vast majority of people who don't have HD radios can listen to the HD-channels. It is exciting for us in Houston, because it sounds like a major class C non-commercial is going under, and maybe it will end up NGEN!!!!

KSBJ Houston programs the enormously good NGEN format on HD-2. Forget their primary signal, I listen to NGEN exclusively! It is what Christian radio SHOULD be: ngenradio.com

WPOZ Orlando does something similar, except they separate Christian hip-hop and rock into two formats. They also have a gospel HD channel, so I guess they are up to HD-4 now.

Both stations also operate translators in their market, so the vast majority of people who don't have HD radios can listen to the HD-channels. It is exciting for us in Houston, because it sounds like a major class C non-commercial is going under, and maybe it will end up NGEN!!!!

"major class C non-commercial" if EMF doesn't try to buy it. :)

I've been to Houston many times and met with KSBJ (never had an HD radio in the car). Great to here they're embracing it.

"major class C non-commercial" if EMF doesn't try to buy it. :)

I've been to Houston many times and met with KSBJ (never had an HD radio in the car). Great to here they're embracing it.

EMF already has Air-1 on the air in Houston. K-Love would be a non-starter, because KSBJ has the AC CCM market sewn up locally. Although I wouldn't be surprised if EMF put K-Love format on HD-2 on their Air-1 station.

WAY-FM would be another possibility, although it has wimped out to the point it would be indistinguishable from KSBJ. I am surprised they spent the money in Dallas to compete with KLTY.

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but the thread slipped down the line and I thought about it again since I was in Nashville today. WAY-FM (WAYM 88.7) in Nashville is also on HD3 from WPRT 102.5 and is simulcast on WPRT's translator on 89.9.

Also, in Memphis Air 1 is being broadcast on HD2 on KJMS 101.1 and simulcast on KJMS's translator on 96.7.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom