• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Comcast to Launch Live TV Streaming Service

Comcast is set to begin rolling out a live TV streaming option — simply called “Stream” — beginning in Boston this summer.

The $15-per-month option will follow suit soon in Chicago and Seattle, and the cable giant “plans to make it available everywhere in our footprint by early 2016,” the company said Monday in a blog post.

Via Stream, Xfinity Internet customers can watch live TV from about a dozen networks — including all the major broadcast nets and HBO — on laptops, tablets and phones in their home. It will also include thousands of on demand movies and shows and comes with access to TV Everywhere and a cloud DVR, per Comcast.

To order Stream, Xfinity Internet customers can sign-up online and download the Xfinity TV app.

http://www.thewrap.com/comcast-to-launch-live-tv-streaming-service/

As someone who's a Comcast/Xfinity subscriber, lemme see if I have their logi\c for fixing the stability of the Xfinity TV GO app right here......

Comcast seems to think THE BEST way to tackle the stability issues of the Xfinity TV GO app io CREATE A NEW STREAMING SERVICE would would ADD NEW USERS to an ALREADY UINSTABLE system who would have to PAY to use the app ??

Yeah - REAL logical alright - NOT !!

Seriously - What Comcast needs IS NOT more streaming services. What it NEEDS to do instead is to ADDRESS THE ISSUES WITH THE EXISITING ONE FIRST before they take on the DAUNTING task of creating a new one. Don't belie me or have no idea what I'm talking about ?? Ask just about anyone on the Comcast/Xfinity boards about it. Trust me, you WILL get an earful (And ALMOST NONE of it being positicve reviews of it)

Don't wanna do that ?? then think of it this way - If your cable box had trouble staying connected to the cable service so you can get a nice clean picture on your TV, would you wanna continue to paying for THAT ?? Of course not. In fact, you'd probably be among those who get on the National TV board bitching about it (Note, I'm only using you as an example since you're the OP :) )

JMO based on personal experience.....

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Comcast Unveils ‘Watchable’, Its Streamed Entertainment Service

Comcast formally challenged Google’s YouTube, Facebook, and Verizon’s Go90 this morning as it announced the launch of the beta version of Watchable, its widely anticipated ad-supported streaming service.

Videos at the start will be available via iOS, watchable.com and Comcast’s X1 set top boxes. They will include content from about 30 partners including AwesomenessTV, Buzzfeed, CelebTV, Collective Digital Studio, Defy Media, Discovery Digital Networks, Fast Company, Flama, Future Today, GarageMonkey, GoPro, Jukin Media, Machinima, Maker Studios, Mashable, Mic Media, NBCUniversal, Network A, Newsy, The Onion, Popsugar, Red Bull, Refinery29, Scripps Networks Interactive, Tastemade, TEN, TYT Network, Vice, Video Detective and Vox.

Comcast’s NBCUniversal recently made a $200 million investment in Vox and an equal investment in Buzzfeed.

Comcast plans to add partners, and offer ways to personalize and share content.

http://deadline.com/2015/09/comcast-launch-watchable-stream-entertainment-1201557631/

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom