• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

94.7 Fresh FM Online

Notice on the online stream that commercials start playing in the middle of a song still playing. Seems like the online clock is off.

An FM music station using an online clock is rare. The streaming servers of most music stations are set up to intercept certain spots by cart number in the computer and replace them on the streaming box. Others will look for a subaudible tone in spots that need to be covered, but I'm not aware of any live and/or locally automated stations running off of a timer. A few years ago, I worked at a station that ran satellite programming in the off hours and would replace ads that ran after the ID ran between certain times.

I suppose it's possible that CBS uses a clock for 1580 and accidentally put it on 94.7's stream, but, depending on when during the song the spot fires, it seems more likely that a sec tone was misplaced.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom