• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Thoughts on Radio 1057 now X107 is Gone

acheron1982

Star Participant
Just curious on the thoughts from others on the future of Radio 105.7. Do you for see a change in direction? Ratings have been weak for this station yet any adjustments to the station have been few if at all. Some say they have notice slight changes but personally, it still seems to sound the same as it did when it first came on the air over two years ago even after multiple changes to the PD.

Personally, I think they've sounded noticeably better in recent weeks. I've heard songs like "Peaches", atlas Genius "Molecules" and a few others I never would've expected them to play before. Sure, they're hits, but Radio used to play only bigger hits.

Not only are their ratings suffering, it's billing is downright horrific, as David pointed out before. Perhaps losing a competitor will help get its ratings and billing up before Atlanta loses its alt-rock again.

Remember, pre-X, they had between a 2.5-3.0 in 6+ and hovered around 5th in 18-34.

Personally, I think they've sounded noticeably better in recent weeks. I've heard songs like "Peaches", atlas Genius "Molecules" and a few others I never would've expected them to play before. Sure, they're hits, but Radio used to play only bigger hits.

Not only are their ratings suffering, it's billing is downright horrific, as David pointed out before. Perhaps losing a competitor will help get its ratings and billing up before Atlanta loses its alt-rock again.

Remember, pre-X, they had between a 2.5-3.0 in 6+ and hovered around 5th in 18-34.

Interesting - Only song from Atlas Genius I ever hear is Trojans. I know they have two new songs at 9 (LOL) but literally, that is it. Wondering if perhaps you heard those two songs via the stream or at the 9 hour. Note that the stream plays music through the commercials and usually its a new tune "songs you should know" - It's not getting regular airplay though.

Interesting - Only song from Atlas Genius I ever hear is Trojans. I know they have two new songs at 9 (LOL) but literally, that is it. Wondering if perhaps you heard those two songs via the stream or at the 9 hour. Note that the stream plays music through the commercials and usually its a new tune "songs you should know" - It's not getting regular airplay though.

IMO, Radio 105.7 will never succeed and I don't think there #s are going to go up, up, and up. They need to bring back an Active Rock format and leave Alternative up to Cumulus but that is unlikely.

IMO, Radio 105.7 will never succeed and I don't think there #s are going to go up, up, and up. They need to bring back an Active Rock format and leave Alternative up to Cumulus but that is unlikely.

Cumulus won't try it. THey had the chance. Entercom and Star 94 however??? Oh man! Entercom could do active or alternative and I will be happy. I prefer alternative but Entercom is just a damn good company that really does both formats great.

Just pray pray PRAY Iheart doesn't try a stupid "Man Up" format here in Atlanta. It's awful!

They should've never ditched Project.

Dumb, dumb move. Not saying it was worthy of 96.1's massive signal (it wasn't), but it would've been a very good fit for the 105.7/96.7 combo.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom