• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Simian Resync, Simian Printouts

(1) Is there a way of adding a Resync on the 1/2 hour, so that we can bring on Sunday Morning Block Programming at a specific time?

(2) How does one--namely yours truly--print out both song titles with run times off of BSI's Simian automation?

Was going to suggest the BSI forum but it looks like you already tried that route.

Not sure how you're building Program Logs but to get a re sync put a "#" cue on the block programming entry and hard code the time to when you want it to start.

As for printing - either use the InfoEdit app or the Event Builder, selecting the Audio tab and use the filters to just select the music cuts.

Last edited:
The "#" will cause that event to be the next-to-play once the current event is finished. If you need an event to start at a specific time, use the "@" in the cue column.

Simian Resync

Was going to suggest the BSI forum but it looks like you already tried that route.

Not sure how you're building Program Logs but to get a re sync put a "#" cue on the block programming entry and hard code the time to when you want it to start.

As for printing - either use the InfoEdit app or the Event Builder, selecting the Audio tab and use the filters to just select the music cuts.

I am totally new to Simian (coming over from RCS), and I need help following the second part of your suggestion:

hard code the time to when you want it to start

Exactly, how do I do that (my CE hasn't been able to help)?

<<<

(1) Is there a way of adding a Resync on the 1/2 hour, so that we can bring on Sunday Morning Block Programming at a specific time?

>>>

Simian Resync

I am totally new to Simian (coming over from RCS), and I need help following the second part of your suggestion:

hard code the time to when you want it to start

Exactly, how do I do that (my CE hasn't been able to help)?

<<<

>>>

You use Event Builder to put the audio file into the Simian program log with the appropriate cue (# if you want it to start as the next event or @ if you have to have it start exactly on time) and in the event builder change the time to when you want the cut to air.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom