• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

MGM, Sinclair To Debut Sci-Fi Diginet

With all of these Diginets making a debut, while very welcome, I have to wonder how much clearance they can all get. Obviously Sinclair intends to carry this on their stations, but is that enough for critical mass?

Outside The Works and the Luken networks, this is the nadir for subchannel networks so far. MGM's sci-fi product outside of Dead Like Me was universally terrible in the 90's and 2000's (most of their other stuff before then was acquired by other parties), and pretty much strangled Showtime until CBS got them and found much better shows to put on that channel. This definitely seems limited to duopoly markets and ATSC 3.0 test stations, along with a replacement for the 'will this deal ever die' Zuus Country stations unless Sinclair shapes a large amount of bandwidth to make it work; with Grit, GetTV and Weathernation already on the Sinclair roster it's getting a bit crowded.

I wish it was CBS and Weigel doing a sci-fi diginet. Put that Star Trek library to good use.

Definitely agreed. And also add the original and 80's versions of The Twilight Zone as well. :)

The MGM/Sinclair channel will probably be another one that won't make it to the Memphis or Jackson, TN area because Sinclair doesn't have any stations here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom