• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The 1430 flip at noon...

raccoonradio

Walk of Fame Participant
...and it's possible they may just run Mia right to the noon format flip on WKOX 1430. As of 7:25 am, it's still on; no sign of a looping stunt "message" but who knows. On the Mia 1430 facebook page someone wondered (I roughly translated it) why they weren't streaming on TuneIn anymore...
Donde esta la musica de Mia...el Rushbo? Ay caramba!

Flashbacks:
--2006: 1430 and 1200 went from Air America to Rumba, or Rumba and Mia. It was sudden, right after Stephanie Miller, I think.

--2004: There was a weekend stunt loop as they prepared to go to Air America (1430 was standards; 1200 may have been Spanish, can't remember). The loop featured songs
like Neil Young's "Rockin in a Free World" and short clips from an Al Franken audiobook

Last edited:
More content has been added to the Talk 1430 site. It seems like just yesterday WRKO was "THE Talk Station"--in fact it was. (Now The Voice of Boston). So what slogan
is 1430 using? "Boston's Talk Station". Cle-verrrrr....

http://m.mia1430.com/

They did changeover at noon, with a mis-identification as "WKOX Boston" followed by Fox News and in to Rush. There was a "WKOX Everett/Boston" during the Spanish programming about 11:50 so maybe that was intended to be the legal ID. I used to love how 1380/95.3 in Portsmouth NH used to identify when they were oldies WCQL. During the weather at 10 before the hour, they'd have "WCQL-FM York Center temperature, 65 degrees" then on the hour it was a jingle "WCQL...Portsmouth".

Ah...

Well as long as they do it somehow as close to TOH as
possible.
When WKLB was on 99.5 the top of hr ID wasn't the
legal one...an uptempo jingle of "WKLB,Boston!"
But they did do a legal ID at one point,said
with the actual COL slightly buried but still
there:"WKLB,Lowell-Boston" but it almost
sounded like oh...Boston
wasn't

So what's gonna happen to their Futbol De Primera coverage of the Copa America? Is it going over to the Mega 890/1400 Combo?

Bob, you look like the bearer of bad news on the Mia 1430 facebook page. I don't think any Mia fans will like the new format.

Tried to listen to Rush. Garbled and this time it wasn't Limbaugh. He is not going to stay on this turkey for long.

Tried to listen to Rush. Garbled and this time it wasn't Limbaugh. He is not going to stay on this turkey for long.

I was pleasantly surprised that up here in the Merrimack Valley on my home radio, I could get Rush on 1430 with little static and hiss. Not so, unfortunately, on my car radio. Just before discovering this, I had been listening on my iPod to the WXTK stream, since the latter has Barry Armstrong, Rush, and Howie all in a row, just like 'RKO used to. But given a choice between OTA vs streaming, OTA is preferable in my book.

The daytime programming is almost identical to what CC/iHeart tried a few years ago with "Rush Radio" on 1200 AM WXKS (without the local morning show).

What I don't understand is, in that case, why didn't they just leave it on 1200 with the 50kW (directional) signal? They don't seem to be getting any ratings with Bloomberg either.

Entercom makes money running ESPN on 850. iHeart must make money running Bloomberg on 1200 While the second is an LMA and the first is not, it must
come down to that. Ratings may not be there, but iHeart is getting $$ to run Bloomberg.This way the advertisers on talk shows are happy the shows are cleared
in Boston, and Bloomberg pays the rent on the other, more powerful station.

Looks like the 1430 syndie show America Now at 6 pm has a new host...her dad's been back in the news...\

twitter:
Meghan McCain

First day as a nationally syndicated radio host and an official @FoxNews contributor. Today was one for the books! 
I will also be interviewing Orson Swindle @orsonIII -who shared a prison cell with my father and was a POW for 6.5 years on @americanowradio
[Swindle was Perot’s running mate]

Newsmax ‏@Newsmax_Media Jul 15
Meghan McCain to Host ‘America Now’ Radio Show for Premiere Networks http://ift.tt/1MuUR9O

John McCain ‏@SenJohnMcCain Jul 15
Congrats to my daughter @MeghanMcCain on new natl-syndicated show @AmericaNowRadio starting July 20- so proud of you!

Now that WRKO has dropped Mark Levin, why wouldn't WKOX put him on live 6:00-9:00 and put the Meghan McCain fluff show on later if at all.

Also...Salem Media: are you listening? We don't need another business station. More talk is what we want on the coming 1260 am!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom