• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Don Bleu exits KOSF “Big 103.7”

Don Bleu was a very talented morning show host, who will be missed by his many fans of different generations! I'm now wondering if this is a sign of more changes to come at 103-7!

Last edited:
Don Bleu was a very talented morning show host, who will be missed by his many fans of different generations! I'm now wondering if this is a sign of more changes to come at 103-7!

Well, considering they seem to "tweak" things every 6 weeks or so, I'd say yes. :)

They've imported all the '80s New Wave pop from Kiss now that Kiss is playing '90s hip-hop, and doing "Disco Saturday Nite" as well. Maybe they'll move Renel over to 103.7 and hire some rapper or comedian to do mornings at Kiss.

Met him in the late 90's. Nice guy. I'm sure someone will pick him up.

Bleu had been talking about retirement for years. I was surprised he decided to make the move to "Oldies"...I mean "The Bay's...I mean "Big" 103.7, and didn't retire when Clear Channel....I mean..."IHeart Media" decided to move him from Star 101.3.

I suspect that this time, he will just retire. I'm sure he's financially comfortable, and doesn't need to work unless he wants to.

You forgot "The New" 103.7 :D

It's likely a precursor to...nothing but Don Bleu's retirement. He's in his mid 60s, and financially well off (IIRC, he was the highest paid morning drive host in the Bay Area).

Don's been talking retirement since WAY before he moved to 103.7

Yes -The Band was the first format tried after KKSF (Light Jazz) was eliminated. It was more classic-rock oriented than Classic Hits. But The Band was competing with quite a few stations doing that - KFOG, The Bone, K-Fox, etc. IIRC, there had been no Classic Hits stations in the Bay Area since late 2008, when CBS dropped the format n 106.9 to simulcast KCBS.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom