• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Bad news for fans of WKQX

MarkW

Star Participant
Cumulus just hired an unaccomplished IDIOT to take over the PD duties at the station:
http://news.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/headline_id=n31375

Troy Hanson ran 94-9 Zeta in Miami into the ground, did absolutely squat to turn around the fortunes of Rock 100.5 in Atlanta, and prior to that, he programmed / was OM for a low budget cluster of stations in Nashville.

As corporate PD of rock for Cumulus, 95-5 KLOS has been left in the dust by 100.3 The Sound, both rock brands in Salt Lake City are a complete mess, and their active rocker in Cincinnati is getting killed by iFart's WEBN.

Whatever happened to P.J. ?

That's a great and honest Facebook post. Some might be surprised, but I certainly understand where 24/7 programming of a major market station can get tiring after a while. No one enjoys the 3AM calls from the morning guy who calls in sick or is in a car accident. The pressure is both a pleasure and a curse. It can be like a drug in terms of both the high you get and the addiction it creates. It takes a lot of thought and focus to take a break. But the good news is there are many potential opportunities if one looks through their Rolodex (if anyone still uses them any more), and thinks about ways to use one's knowledge and experience in other ways. You never know what's there until you actually look. Always a healthy thing, but as I said, very hard to do.

P.J. - you and your team put forth an outstanding sounding radio station, both on 87.7 and now 101.1.

Best of luck in your future endeavors, although I'm sure "luck" isn't needed because you are very good at what you do! I am pleased to hear you left on your own terms.

I can only hope Mr. Hanson proves me wrong and is able to maintain the success you helped create.

Thanks, guys. I'm sure the station will be in good hands. In addition to Troy, Walter Flakus just signed a new deal, so he'll be around for a while, and is easily the secret sauce. Any credit you think I deserve should be equally be (if not more) shared with him.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom