• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NBC: Done With Donald Trump, Miss USA, Miss Universe

Donald Trump is firing back at Univision, saying he’ll sue the Spanish-language broadcaster in response to the network deciding against airing the Miss USA pageant.

The presidential candidate sparked outrage during his announcement speech on June 16, for calling Mexican immigrants rapists and drug lords. Despite the anger, Trump says he has an iron clad deal with the network and is vowing to sue if Univision doesn’t air the Miss USA pageant.

Univision announced earlier Thursday that it “will not be … working on any other projects tied to the Trump Organization.” The entertainment group explained that includes no longer airing the July 12 Miss USA pageant as planned.

http://www.thewrap.com/donald-trump-threatens-to-sue-univision-over-nixed-miss-usa-deal/

BTW, have any NBC affiliates decided not to air the pageant? Mainly in Mexican border regions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Contracts don't much care who is offended.

Last edited:
There is a large Hispanic population in Charlotte, but certainly nothing like cities in Florida and Texas. I hope to be able to watch as planned July 12.

If there is no provision for them to cancel, he should sue. Maybe air it on Telemundo if Univision refuses.

Considering NBC owns Telemundo, and they have an existing business relationship with Trump it may happen. Then sue Univision for any reduced revenue.

NBC: Done With Donald Trump, Miss USA, Miss Universe

NBC announced this morning it had ended it relationship with Donald Trump over comments he made recently about immigrants coming over the Mexico border:

At NBC, respect and dignity for all people are cornerstones of our values.

Due to the recent derogatory statements by Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBCUniversal is ending its business relationship with Mr. Trump.

To that end, the annual Miss USA and Miss Universe Pageants, which are part of a joint venture between NBC and Trump, will no longer air on NBC.

In addition, as Mr. Trump has already indicated, he will not be participating in “Celebrity Apprentice” on NBC.

Celebrity Apprentice is licensed from Mark Burnett’s United Artists Media Group and that relationship will continue, NBC said.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/nbc-donald-trump-cancels-miss-usa-miss-universe-1201461913/

Could the pageants return to CBS (their longtime home before NBC) or be exiled to cable or online streaming? And who will take Trump's place on The Apprentice? Martha Stewart again?

I say bring them back to CBS and telecast them live in all time zones(with a replay immediately following the live telecast for all the viewers in the Western time zones).

NBC to Trump: YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!

Trump to NBC: There will be serious hell toupee! :D

I say bring them back to CBS and telecast them live in all time zones(with a replay immediately following the live telecast for all the viewers in the Western time zones).

Keep the West Coast delay. The stations there don't want to lose their 5 & 6pm newscasts. Besides, the Grammys are already delayed.

Nobody wants it. It was on CMT one year, and they got rid of it. Put it on Spike. Actually I think Spike also threw it off.

Maybe the Esquire Channel. That would be perfect.

Nobody wants it. It was on CMT one year, and they got rid of it.
You're probably thinking of Miss America, which was on CMT and later TLC for a few years before returning to ABC (the pageant itself used to be on NBC for dozens of years).

But since they've never aired beauty pageants before, this could be a golden opportunity for Fox to snag Miss Universe/USA/Teen USA.

Last edited:
I wish the Trump Organization the best of luck finding a new outlet for the pageants cause I don't see any network picking it up. Trump has made himself too toxic for anyone willing to work with him.

I'm not sure 'The Donald' anticipated that his Presidential run would have such negative consequences on some of his business interests......

Seriously, though, 'The Apprentice' without Trump? Not going to last.

I just want to be able to watch the pageant. And not on a cable channel because those are expensive. There is no a la carte.

It could be argued that all I want to see is the swimsuit competition, since I no longer like most of their evening gowns, but there was an interview competition once and I do like getting to know the girls and seeing them have fun.

I started to say I liked the national costumes in the Miss Universe pageant but they are online. However, that just adds to what I have to do online.

Yeah, it looks pile on the Donald week. Macy's dropped him too. I didn't know people shopped still shopped there, so maybe they did it to get their name back out there.

Yeah, it looks pile on the Donald week. Macy's dropped him too. I didn't know people shopped still shopped there, so maybe they did it to get their name back out there.

Macy's is the third largest department store chain after WalMart and Target, and has done the best of the three in recovering from the recession. While Kohl's. J.C. Penney and Sears are having difficulties, Macy's middle-market position is surrounded by a larger moat and populated by more middle and higher income persons. It's a really strong company.

Macy's earnings per share have gone from $2 in 2011 to $4.38 last year. Sales are now over $28 billion a year!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom