Awkward forum split

Thread: Awkward forum split

Awkward forum split

As the Phoenix TV board is really the only one of its type online, it also logically had information on television in the rest of Arizona. Things had been the same for years, and it was good.

Then came yesterday and the introduction of TV boards for all the states. Some of these will see a good amount of use. But now we are left with Phoenix TV and Arizona TV, a forum where threads have been separated from each other in a hopscotch, indiscriminate manner. The Arizona TV forum won't see much use given that very little discussion of television in Tucson or Yuma ever occurred.

I am going to ask something simple: merge Phoenix TV into Arizona TV again. There really only should be one board, as I don't think the level of activity across what would be two of them merits two separate venues for discussion.

Phoenix TV is among the most active TV boards on this website. Unfortunately, I feel that the decision made this week will eventually ruin it. That is why I am asking for a remedy.

The Phoenix board will continue. Just as with the radio boards, top TV markets are listed in market order. State boards will contain threads about other markets in the respective states.

Alright, I certainly understand, but many, many Phoenix threads wound up in Arizona TV. Three out of four threads on the first page of Arizona TV are Phoenix-related (there are a bunch of the Arizona TV Station Update threads that are statewide in focus), and just two of the 60 or so threads in the new forum are Tucson-related. There are also TV Station Update threads in the Phoenix TV forum.

I have moved all threads back to the Phoenix TV board.
    Last edited by frankberry; 06-17-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks. That should work well.

Quote Originally Posted by frankberry View Post
    The Phoenix board will continue. Just as with the radio boards, top TV markets are listed in market order. State boards will contain threads about other markets in the respective states.
    The problem is that 80% of Arizona is in the Phoenix TV market, both physically and population-wise. It's the entire state north of I-8 with some encroachments from Las Vegas, Albuquerque, and Salt Lake City via translators. Tucson is barely secondary to Phoenix. Yuma is a nonentity, and also encompasses parts of California and Mexico.

There's really no need for a separate Arizona TV board. Arizona and Phoenix, for all intents and purposes, are one and the same as far as media goes.
    We have to save the Earth! It's the only planet with football and beer.