• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Old KLIF/KPLX building

unclepudd

Frequent Participant
Any one know the story of the demolition of the old KPLX/KLIF (formerly KCBI) building on Ryan Plaza Drive, off I-30) in Arlington?

Any one know the story of the demolition of the old KPLX/KLIF (formerly KCBI) building on Ryan Plaza Drive, off I-30) in Arlington?

So bizarre, I can't find much info at all. When you look at 411 Ryan Plaza Drive (which was the actual address of KLIF/KPLX back in the day) on the www.tad.org site (tax appraisal) it shows 3 owners. 2 of them have real property, but one shows as just land.

My husband worked for KPLX & KLIF for 20 years. I will ask him if he knows anything about it.

When you look on Google maps it still shows the building with a KCBI sign, but the KCBI website has a new physical address.

Whatever happened, it was pretty quiet. I like a good mystery! I will let you know if I can dig up anything.

After the First Baptist Church expanded it's downtown facilities, KCBI moved back there. I always though the extremely short tower at Ryan Plaza with the FM antenna on top was amusing. KPLX and a few months later KLIF, then 1190, occupied Ryan Plaza in 1980.

I found the guy who would probably be able to answer your question! Dan Halyburton –
@DanHalyburton

He told my husband it happened, but not the story/reason. Probably a development company, but you can tweet him and I'm sure he can give you the skinny. Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom