• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Country Hits Crossover to Pop

Congrats to Sam Hunt for his Country hit "Take You Time" crossing over to this week’s Top 40 Pop chart.

http://www.americasmusiccharts.com/index.cgi?fmt=H1&rtmref=americasmusiccharts

With formats so controlled nowadays this is a rarity.

Just wondering how many other Country hits have crossed over in the past 5 years? I can think of "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line and "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. Any others?

All of Taylor Swift's hits before she decided to put out strictly pop product.

I'm sure this is about airplay but if you looked at Billboard's Hot 100 on any given week you'd see lots of country music. The way that chart is put together I don't know what it actually means. It's not about airplay or sales, but it seems to reflect the sales and airplay of all the songs across all formats. Whatever that means.

^^^
Yes it was the radio airplay charts Mediabase that I was using to reference.

I forgot Hunter Hayes’ “Wanted” from 2012.

And I was unclear on Taylor Swift from 2010 on, if those hits were still “crossovers”

^^^
Yes it was the radio airplay charts Mediabase that I was using to reference.

I forgot Hunter Hayes’ “Wanted” from 2012.

And I was unclear on Taylor Swift from 2010 on, if those hits were still “crossovers”

Teardrops, Love Story, Fifteen, You Belong With Me, Sparks Fly, We Are Never Ever..., and Today Was a Fairytale were all crossovers.

Body Like a Back Road, The Fighter and Blue Ain't Your Color have all crossed over this year. The Fighter and Body... (were for Hot AC and CHR), while Blue Ain't Your Color was a #11 peaker on AC and got some HAC support.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom