• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

More on the KXXO transmitter move: The station gets half of KWLZ/Portland

Ah, found the rule I was thinking of. "Directional FM stations may commence program test operations at one-half (50½) of the authorized effective radiated power (ERP) (see 47 CFR 73.1620(a)(2). At the start of program test operations at half power, the permittee must submit the completed license application form, along with the appropriate exhibits and application filing fee (see next section). This application should be submitted at least 10 days before the date on which full power operations are desired to commence. Program test operations at the full authorized ERP may not commence until the staff has reviewed the license application and issued a letter granting program test authority. It should be noted that, if desired, the licensee of an operating station may continue to operate with its currently licensed facilities (in lieu of commencing operations with half power on the construction permit facilities) until program tests at the full ERP are authorized." https://transition.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/infoCP.html
I would guess this is where KXXO is right now. As for KYYO I have no idea what to say.

Last edited:
That's assuming there aren't other requirements in the CP which need to be fulfilled, which in this case, there are.

Here's a wild idea that I believe someone else suggested Bob: Pick up the phone or E-mail KXXO and ASK what the progress of their CP is. The second next best thing in accuracy to looking up the technical data on the FCC website. Or would you still rather theorize?

Here's a wild idea that I believe someone else suggested Bob: Pick up the phone or E-mail KXXO and ASK what the progress of their CP is. The second next best thing in accuracy to looking up the technical data on the FCC website. Or would you still rather theorize?

I was the one who suggested that, and to make it easy for Bob, here's the contact info:
Phone 360-943-9937
Engineer Tim Vik e-mail [email protected]
PD John S. Foster [email protected]
Owner David Rauh [email protected]
(all information posted at http://mixx96.com/index.php/about-us/djs-and-staff)

We'll await a full report.

Keep in mind that it was Semuch, not me who initially said the station was running from the new site. Perhaps the timing of the better signal was coincidental. I just looked at the FCC database and it doesn't look like there has been any corrispondance with the FCC since 12-2-11.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that it was Semuch, not me who initially said the station was running from the new site. Perhaps the timing of the better signal was coincidental. I just looked at the FCC database and it doesn't look like there has been any corrispondance with the FCC since 12-2-11.

Actually, what I said was that I had received word that KXXO was transmitting from Capitol Peak and was looking for confirmation, which we seem to have gotten. In a somewhat related area, KWLZ is still transmitting from Warm Springs, a simulcast of their AM News/Talk station. Since they have the same August 31st deadline as KXXO, I expected them to either be running a continuous loop by now or gone completely. Curiously, the only place I can clearly hear that station is on a ridge in West Linn, the new community of license.

We've gotten confirmation? I suspected that wer running from the new site, but there has been no update in the FCC database and it appears as if mine is the only reception report here.

Do none of the regulars on this board have power back yet? I thought this would have been posted by now but I guess not. They're clearly on Capitol as of today, very strong here in Edmonds, I think the strongest I've ever heard them here.

There are slightly fewer than two hours left on KXXO's construction permit and we're still waiting for that 302.

There are slightly fewer than two hours left on KXXO's construction permit and we're still waiting for that 302.

Apparently, it's been 31 minutes since my last post so I can't edit it. KXXO has filed its 302 form as of August 28th and it has been accepted for filing. In a related development, KWLZ has filed its 302 within the last hour and a half.

Well there you have it. Now that KXXO is over, let the speculation begin again as to whether KYYO has also made changes.

I heard that one of the stations that transmits from Vashon are going to move their common point by 2 feet! Let the Speculation begin!

Nice to see Tim Vik is still engineering that station. He used to fix stuff where I worked. A great guy.

Considering the vintage of the gear at the Rockway-Leland building (some dating back to the Bush 41 administration!), "engineering" is a bit of a stretch - more like "resuscitating". That being said - Tim's a great engineer and a helluva nice guy.

Heard KXXO loud and clear in southern Snohomish county today-haven't heard them here in a long time. I usually hear the multi ethnic programming from Vancouver, BC instead.

That's great! Potential KXXO listeners in the Seattle metro may be forthcoming!

-crainbebo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom