• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

McPhee to WMEX 3pm

Breaking press release from Bryan Berner,ex WTKK and WRKO host Michele McPhee to WMEX 1510 for 3pm slot
For Immediate Release:

Daly XXL Communications, LLC
1510 WMEX Radio
732-693-1396

Longtime multi-media Bostonian Michele McPhee To Launch New Afternoon Drive Time Radio Show [3pm to 6 pm] at the City’s Hottest New Station 1510 WMEX Boston Media Personality to Launch New Daily Radio Show.

McPhee is a lifelong Bostonian; a best selling author; Emmy-nominated investigative television producer; and award-winning newspaper reporter. She is the author of five true crime books and is at work on her sixth, Maximum Harm, a revealing investigative study of the Boston Marathon bombers, to be released by Fore Edge Books in early 2016.

McPhee is also the recipient of many journalism awards, including the Society of the Silurian’s Feature News Award for her coverage of the events of 9/11 for The New York Daily News. Ms. McPhee was awarded First Place for Serious Column in the Boston Herald by the Associated Press. Her work for ABC Boston affiliate WCVB earned her a 2012 Emmy nomination for Outstanding Investigative

Speaking about her new radio show, McPhee says “I am ecstatic to have an opportunity to work alongside established live and local talent like Joe Ligotti “The Guy from Boston”, Bill Keeler, CFR and Holeshot Radio and at a station that will change the landscape of talk radio, turn it on its head, and completely take over Boston. I love my hometown, and can't wait to interact with the Boston’s leaders, newsmakers and people who make our city the best on the planet.

“Starting your day with “the Guy from Boston” Joe Ligotti and driving home with me? Makes a work day worthwhile,” she said.

McPhee will be talking about the stories she breaks and national topics of interest from
3p to 6p on 1510 WMEX beginning June 2, 2015. Ms. McPhee will be joining a program lineup that includes Boston’s Joe Ligotti 6a to 10a, Bill Keeler 12p to 3 p, Michael Savage 9p to 12 a., CFR 12a to 3a and Holeshot Radio 4a to 6a.

WMEX, licensed to Quincy, MA, is a News/Talk station operating with a 50,000 watt signal from studios in Quincy, MA. In addition to the metro-Boston area, the WMEX broadcast signal covers eastern, central, and northern MA, as well as parts of New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The stations' programming can also be heard through live streaming on www.1510wmex.com or via the Tune In Radio app on cell phone and mobile devices.

1510 WMEX is currently being operated under a lease-management agreement by Daly XXL Communications, LLC of Wilmington, NC pending the completion of purchase from current licensee.

Last edited:
Longtime multi-media Bostonian Michele McPhee To Launch New Afternoon Drive Time Radio Show [3pm to 6 pm] at the City’s Hottest New Station 1510 WMEX Boston Media Personality to Launch New Daily Radio Show.

Three...Two...One.....

How long will it take for the first derogatory/snarky post to appear? ;-)

Btw the service Bryan uses for press releases goofed up;1510 is licensed to Boston not Quincy.

Once,I heard Michele on WTKK and a sound cut wouldn't play,,she quipped,
"Greater Media happens..."

I wonder how this meshes with her gig as a producer for ABC TV?

The guys behind the "thin Blue Line" and the Firefighters must be thrilled.

She is the ultimate "badge bunny", she never met a cop or firefighter that she didn't like....

Last edited:
When she talks about LEOs she means Law Enforcement Officers of course not people named Leonard.

If WMEX doesn't get Rush some just outside the city may get him on WGIR Manchester, WTAG Worc., WHJJ Prov., WXTK Cape Cod; unless, say, Salem wants to clear him on
590 or something.
Graham still at that FM talker in Atlanta I think....yup... http://www.newsradio1067.com/michael-graham/

So...who's Bill Keeler, who has been announced as noon host at WMEX? This tidbit found at talkers.com...if it's the same guy...

>>Bill Keeler to Host Mornings on WIBX, Utica. Local media personality Bill Keeler will begin hosting the morning drive program on Townsquare Media’s news/talk WIBX, Utica, New York on Monday, January 14, according to WKTV-TV, Utica. Keeler, who has been hosting a restaurant program on WKTV-TV, has also worked in the market in radio at CHR WSKS and rock WXUR. He says, “I am so excited about doing mornings on WIBX. This is a heritage radio station that’s been around for 87 years and it remains one of the top stations in the market. I can’t wait to get on the air and get started.”
http://www.talkers.com/tag/bill-keeler/
Thursday, January 3, 2013
keelerbill.png

http://wibx950.com/author/keeler/
>>Keeler in the Morning
A Utica area native who has worked in Albany, Syracuse, Providence and of course, Utica.

Last edited:
Speaking about her new radio show, McPhee says “I am ecstatic to have an opportunity to work alongside established live and local talent like Joe Ligotti “The Guy from Boston”, Bill Keeler, CFR and Holeshot Radio and at a station that will change the landscape of talk radio, turn it on its head, and completely take over Boston. I love my hometown, and can't wait to interact with the Boston’s leaders, newsmakers and people who make our city the best on the planet.

“Starting your day with “the Guy from Boston” Joe Ligotti and driving home with me? Makes a work day worthwhile,” she said.

You really have to wonder who writes this stuff. Too bad I'm not wearing my hip boots.

OTOH, it's good to have a screamer on 1510. That signal needs all the help it can get.

Globe: Rush NOT going to WMEX

The incoming owners of 1510 WMEX-AM said they will pass on Rush Limbaugh and go instead with a new programming lineup meant to bring more humor and local coverage to conservative talk radio in Boston.

It’s a surprise move by a station that radio industry analysts pegged as the presumptive landing spot for Limbaugh’s nationally syndicated show after his distributor, Premiere Networks, and 680 WRKO-AM said last week that it had failed to reach an extension. The conservative icon has been on Boston airwaves since 1991.
http://tinyurl.com/pt4fnr3

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the new WMEX lineup start today as announced? I listened at 6 and they still had the Blaze Radio Network News followed by a local forecast with Mark Rosenthal. Then there were several commercials but I couldn't listen any longer.

If they did start their new morning show, they obviously forgot to tell the Boston Herald. BHR unveiled a new lineup today and they still list WMEX as a simulcast partner starting at 7 a.m.

Did the new WMEX lineup start today as announced? I

Yeah, they had this genius on this morning, and from what I heard, his show is mainly about his show so far.

Let's keep it clean.
Thanks,
Frank Berry

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill Keeler was supposed to start at noon. Still Beck. Ligotti was bantering w Rosenthal at end of show,trying to get him to say our current weather sucks.

Sorry, I was just trying to give an example of the quality of the wonderful new 'MEX lineup.

If someone doesn't mind off-color language and is wondering what I had posted, they could search on Youtube for "youtube got rid of the guy from boston".

Michele with one 'l' will benefit from today's headline, LEOs taking out this Usaama Rahim guy at the CVS. She can go full badge bunny right out of the gate.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom