• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WKDN 950 now on 960 AM??

A

atrainradio

It is 11:51 PM and I am currently baffled. I am hearing WKDN on 960 instead of 950. Have they switched to 950 for good?

I just tried [at 8am] and couldn't get at all at either 950 or 960. Usually daytime signal is listenable. Maybe they're having problems.

Are you sure you're not hear Salisbury, MD or Carlisle, PA?

If Family Radio is broadcasting off-frequency, the FCC may make them think it really is the end of the world.

No I know I was hearing WKDN. They're back on 950 now.

This has been going on for a couple of nights now. It is a problem at their night transmitter site. The day transmitter is fine.

Well now they are on 965 khz..so they really need to fix it!

No no the joke was they have been "drifiting" off frequency, HAHAH that was a good one.

Wkdn

WKDN was completely off the air for a day or so last week. Southern Gospel WADV from Lebanon, Pa. was coming in clear on 940 into Bucks-Montgomery areas. Actually since 950 turned off IBOC 940 has been coming in pretty good underneath 950 in the suburbs, pretty good for a little 1,000 watt Mom & Pop station. I tried but could not get WHYL 960 which I think is back on the air but not reaching this far. The other day I put on WKDN & they announced they were having problems receiving their regular programming so they were locally inserting hymns I guess until they connected to Oakland. I've read the NY station on 1560 has had problems too. Apparently Family Radio has 1 chief engineer who has to go station to station to fix the problems.

One other note: I remember hearing Harold Camping on WKDN back to the 1970's. They must have some archives, but they keep running his shows from a couple years ago after he had a stroke - I'm not sure even their most patient listeners can listen to that very long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom