• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Steven Tyler gone Country

CatCall

Frequent Participant
WKLB Boston has been playing Steven Tyler’s new song “Love Is Your Name” as a country hit. I thought it was due to the Boston connection, but Mediabase shows several other Country stations adding it this past week. It’s actually debuting at #45 this week on the Country chart.

I’m kind of surprised that this isn’t on the Rock charts as a hit but with the formats so controlled now I’m not sure if it fits as Rock, Active Rock, or Adult Rock. Funny how this has all changed…

WKLB Boston has been playing Steven Tyler’s new song “Love Is Your Name” as a country hit. I thought it was due to the Boston connection, but Mediabase shows several other Country stations adding it this past week. It’s actually debuting at #45 this week on the Country chart.

I’m kind of surprised that this isn’t on the Rock charts as a hit but with the formats so controlled now I’m not sure if it fits as Rock, Active Rock, or Adult Rock. Funny how this has all changed…

With so few adult rock and active rock stations left, this may be the song's best chance to get significant airplay. CHR moved beyond "dinosaur rock" acts like Tyler, for better or worse, years ago. Although country radio is youth-obsessed as well. Garth Brooks created a lot of buzz among fans with his comeback announcement, but radio hasn't felt the same way, probably because the fans who got excited about it are no longer on the Madison Avenue-coveted side of 45.

He's spent a lot of time "courting" the country audience from his time with Idol. Carrie has helped, but I think he's reached out to several major stars for input on the project.

So far I've heard it on the radio one time and WKSF of Asheville, NC is the station that gave it the spin. To me, the song is a good one and the way that Steven sings it is the best that I have ever heard from him so far, but of course with him sounding the way that he sounds, he is still a work in progress in my opinion.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Last edited:
^^^ It could re-enter. Plenty of songs have in the past.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

He also performed "Crazy" on ABC's "Nashville" with Juliette Barnes. So he can do country. Even the good kind.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom