• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Judge christina gone from 790 kabc.

I read where the article says it was her decision because her life is so busy. I wonder? I have no doubt she is busy but after only five months why would you have accepted the job in the first place knowing how busy you are? Wonder if it was a mutual agreement with kabc on her departure? Now courtroom 790 is a bit better with leo terrell but they screwed up by gettin rid of suits. 790 kabc is an embarrassment of a talk station no ifs ands or buts. I cant believe businesses would advertise on kabc.

Such a fall from grace and shameful.

An indication of how meaningless KABC is to the market these days ... Don Barrett broke the news about Perez leaving last Tuesday the 12th -- a full week ago -- and it has taken until now for anyone to post about it.

"Here comes the judge! Here comes the judge!" Cristina Perez holds a JD degree from Whittier Law School and has hosted four different television series, La Corte Del Pueblo, La Corte De Familia, Cristina's Court and Justice For All, but what works on television does not always work on radio. I seldom listen to KABC. Do Ken Minyard and Bob Arthur still host the morning show? And while we're on the subject, what is the real reason that Terri-Rae Elmer left KFI and went to KABC?

Ha-ha! I'm sure you know that Bob Arthur retired 25 years ago and died in 1997. Minyard teamed with Roger Barkley (yes - Al Lohman's old team mate; he also owned a chainof restaurants/saloons)until Barley's death. Minyard retired in 2004 after 5 yers in radio - don't know whether he's still alive or where. As I recall John and Ken had a falling out with KFI over syndication activities and moved to KABC for a time as the morning team before migrating back to the mothership. I don't kmow why Terrie Rae switched but she needs to think about following Brian Suits example and come back as well if the opportunity exists.. KABC has indeed become irrelevant.

I met Ken and Bob one time at an Irish Fair in Burbank. I jokingly asked, "Which one is Lohman and which one is Barkley?" Ken said, "I'm Barkley. He's Lohman." :)

I taped some of the first "Ken and Barkley Company" show. It was nice that they could continue using the same "KABC" initials that had previously referred to the "Ken and Bob Company." Roger seemed nervous and unsure of himself and didn't say much. It took him several days to begin loosening up and contributing more. In 1993, Roger bought the Crossbow restaurant in South Pasadena and renamed it the Barkley. It's still around...and still called the Barkley:

http://thebarkleyrestaurant.com/about-us/

Doug McIntyre is now doing a live hour on WABC from 5 to 6 EDT. Good to hear him again on the east coast. I wonder if this might be the seed of a career move for him. Not that WABC is setting the world on fire but unlike KABC it is still a relevant station in the market. Why hasn't McIntyre migrated to KFI?

"Here comes the judge! Here comes the judge!" Cristina Perez holds a JD degree from Whittier Law School and has hosted four different television series, La Corte Del Pueblo, La Corte De Familia, Cristina's Court and Justice For All, but what works on television does not always work on radio. I seldom listen to KABC. Do Ken Minyard and Bob Arthur still host the morning show? And while we're on the subject, what is the real reason that Terri-Rae Elmer left KFI and went to KABC?

John & Ken mentioned that she got huge pay bump to be a co-host.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom