• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WRKO dropping Rush

Looks like RUSHBO took one of the last lifeboats ....allbeit a very large lifeboat ... off the WRKO sinking ship. Can Jerry Williams' fill -in be far behind?

Carr needs RKO and RKO needs Carr.... He is not going anywhere

The question is did Barry Armstrong and WRKO come to an agreement on the 10 to Noon spot.

Carrigan in AM drive with a more news focused show, Financial Exchange 10 to Noon, Kuhner as the new Rush and lead in to Howie Carr. After 7 PM it matters not what RKO does as nobody can hear it

Speculation on other board (no quotes this time...) is Carrigan and co host to be named later,Fin Ex. (if renewed),Kuhner at noon,Howie. Rush to. 1510?

Hearing Joe Ligotti from WTKK Joe and Huggy show 6-10a on WMEX starting June 2.,got copy of press rel from Bryan Berner.LMA Daly XXL communications of Wilmington NC

Last edited:
Speculation: WRKO is going to play reruns of The Jerry Williams Show. Why not. They already have dead air. Perfect fit !

Are you saying PPMs have hurt talk radio?

I think that's a good question. In some places, it has. But then again, when PPMs were introduced, talk radio was doing very well. I think what PPMs are showing now is the public's current boredom with political talk, and a shortening of their attention span. My view is talk needs to move a bit quicker, improve production, become more inclusive, and more interactive. The day of the lecture is over.

Talk Radio has been preaching to the choir for years now. However, no one told them the choir died years ago.
I think that's a good question. In some places, it has. But then again, when PPMs were introduced, talk radio was doing very well. I think what PPMs are showing now is the public's current boredom with political talk, and a shortening of their attention span. My view is talk needs to move a bit quicker, improve production, become more inclusive, and more interactive. The day of the lecture is over.

It's all about attention span. Has nothing to do with being "inclusive" whatever that means. People switch stations the second something they aren't interested in comes on. This has always happened, we just know it as fact now due to PPM.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom