• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

the dentist

I wish the NYRMB would update the software. Dr. Sniffen has used the same software since the board's inception in 1997.

did anyone see the sniffets latest post? curious if some average user had posted that, how long it'd last before it vanished

Gotta agree with the dentist on this one. The media (not just radio) totally confused talking about the word with using it in a pejorative way. However you're right, if anyone else had made that post it would likely be gone by now.

T don't understand why anyone has an axe to grind. It's not your money that is funding his radio board. sounds like sour grapes to me. Get over it.

I wasn't aware that the dentist was running a political board. He doesn't run it like a liberal, that's for sure.

I discovered his site in early 1998 when reading a NY times article. For a long while, he would not permit much criticism of WABC -I guess he was afraid of losing whatever tenuous connections his site had given him to that" Magic Kingdom". About 14 years ago he was commenting on the rising age demos of WCBS-f. I responded that the same was true of WABC, in fact worse. When I checked again next day my post had vanished along with the entire thread. So it went.

After that stonehead Boyce was fired, the new PD seemed to have little interest in the station's history and dropped the annual retrospective (Rewound) and scaled back the Saturday oldies show.

WABC (and most other N-Ts) has become an irrelevant relic with bottom-of-the-barrel age & income demos and declining cumes. I'm not surprised if he is a bit less restrictive about criticizing it.

Aside from the fact that they never talk about the stations I listen to (WNYC a&f and WNYE) he seems to have a realistic view of the state of the industry today.

LCG

Aside from the fact that they never talk about the stations I listen to (WNYC a&f and WNYE) he seems to have a realistic view of the state of the industry today.

LCG

but he acts like some big time industry insider with lots of inside info. and for a long time, I thought he was. near as I can tell, he's just guessing like the rest of us, and when I found out what his real job was, and that he has no, if any real broadcast experience, it seems rather phone scamy. add to that all his yes fans who are too afraid of saying what they want for fear of being banned with an iron fist, and it's amazing anyone still goes there. that's why I tend to poke fun once in a while. plus, it's the internet. it's what people who vent professionally for a living, and who have no other value to society like me, do! ;o)

There's also a stupid thread on that board "What happens to older DJs who are no longer needed"

I found that thread to be among the best in recent memory. Many of the posters are in radio or have been in radio in the past and the posts gave individual anecdotal experience of how long an on-air career might last. We got those who had gone to voiceover work, others who had left radio and still others who are still in the game.

Out of it came a consensus of how long a music personality's career lasts or lasted in the past and the points at which they had to transition to something else, in or out of radio.

I have a fantasy that this is a channel (playing dentist's office music) on Primosphere, one of the companies that applied to do what Sirius and XM are now doing, which protested when they merged but still hasn't succeeded in being grated the right to be a competitor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom