• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Kjr-fm & others after changes

Curious if anyone has a read on how KJR-F is doing when you compare pre-Bob Rivers exit with post-Bob Rivers exit.

I'm really confused about why these "dump the legacy programming" moves keep happening when there doesn't appear to be any evidence they are successful (with exception of possibly some savings in the budget). Think about KMPS dumping Ichabod...and never really was able to stand up to Wolf after that...Warm dumped all their talent and has (except for Christmas) lost some footing. KJR-F is about the only other instance of that little experiment, and my hunch is it hasn't done a bang-up job for them either.

About the only exception is KZOK where Rivers left...Bonaduce came in...and they seem to have held their spot for the most part.

Little boy blue,

Spot on as always. Wish you would post more. Where are the April #'s? Even if you know nothing always good to hear
everyone's thoughts! The meters present a tough challenge to all!! If you have them figured out, please share!

Curious if anyone has a read on how KJR-F is doing when you compare pre-Bob Rivers exit with post-Bob Rivers exit.

I'm really confused about why these "dump the legacy programming" moves keep happening when there doesn't appear to be any evidence they are successful (with exception of possibly some savings in the budget). Think about KMPS dumping Ichabod...and never really was able to stand up to Wolf after that...Warm dumped all their talent and has (except for Christmas) lost some footing. KJR-F is about the only other instance of that little experiment, and my hunch is it hasn't done a bang-up job for them either.

About the only exception is KZOK where Rivers left...Bonaduce came in...and they seem to have held their spot for the most part.

Looks like they are doing pretty good. Marty and Jodi 6th with women 25.54 and at times beating the others in the building. Keep in mind launching a new station as well. I can give you my subscription to X Trends and also if you want to check meters you can swing by and I will be happy to show you.

Bob Pittman and his team must be pretty happy with the overall performance. By dumping a super expensive AM show that only brought in ratings for one day part you save some serious coin. Re-launching and re branding the station as well in such a competitive market isn't easy and from the looks of the recent numbers I'd say most if not all the people at 645 Elliott are pretty happy. Could be better but when Marty and Jodi beat other AM shows W25-54 you know something is up. And all of this with out a dedicated PD until just recent. Hum, not bad. Other stations that have dumped money, had a huge am show and a PD can't even get a 2 share... so one would think all things being considered not bad, not bad at all. Let's revisit this post in a few months after KCMQ flips and KCMS get's knocked down a share or two by KLOVE and when the new PD has had some time to dial things in a bit.

Bob Pittman and his team must be pretty happy with the overall performance. By dumping a super expensive AM show that only brought in ratings for one day part you save some serious coin. Re-launching and re branding the station as well in such a competitive market isn't easy and from the looks of the recent numbers I'd say most if not all the people at 645 Elliott are pretty happy. Could be better but when Marty and Jodi beat other AM shows W25-54 you know something is up. And all of this with out a dedicated PD until just recent. Hum, not bad. Other stations that have dumped money, had a huge am show and a PD can't even get a 2 share... so one would think all things being considered not bad, not bad at all. Let's revisit this post in a few months after KCMQ flips and KCMS get's knocked down a share or two by KLOVE and when the new PD has had some time to dial things in a bit.

In Portland, since K-Love acquired a full signal, The Fish hasn't been affected in the least!

Last I checked, this was a Seattle radio discussion. Psychographic makeup between the 2 markets for the format in question is completely different, so any comparison is invalid.

OK, I'll buy that. How about this? KCMS is far more entrenched in Seattle culture than KFIS could ever hope to be in Portland's. If K-Love's national programming doesn't have any effect on the latter, I sure don't see any problem for the former. We can take another look at this in a year but I don't think it will take anywhere near that long.

OK, I'll buy that. How about this? KCMS is far more entrenched in Seattle culture than KFIS could ever hope to be in Portland's. If K-Love's national programming doesn't have any effect on the latter, I sure don't see any problem for the former. We can take another look at this in a year but I don't think it will take anywhere near that long.

I think you're right. Seattle is a very insular market as was proven well over a decade ago when Howard Stern was brought in.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom