• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Anthony Cumia to fill in on Cbs-Fm

U

Unregistered

Anthony Cumia from the Opie and Anthony show will be on Scott Shannons show as 2nd mic this Friday as test run to see if Anthony can fill in during Scotts upcoming 6 week vacation.

Anthony Cumia to fill in on cbs-fm

Doesn't Francesca on the Fan take all his vacation in the summer as well?

personally, I hate opie and dopie. I've never cared for shock jocks.. ever since I was forced to listen to the supposed king of radio howard stern on a work day job over the summer. It takes no talent to bash other radio shows, say lots of swear words and do controversial stuff because your own show is so devoid of anything funny that you need to attract attention to yourselves in a bad way. and their fans arn't much better either.

you might have an old person listener revolt if he brings more of the same crap to cbs even for a week.

Six weeks? Scott must have some clout over there. He's been at the station for 14 months! Anthony seems an odd choice.Dan Taylor always fills in when Scott is off. Looks like CBS wants to add some shock value to morning drive.

the problem is Dan Taylor doesn't do the same type of show that scott does. he talks for maybe a minute or two, tops. and then 24 minute commercial breaks and music. people who tune in for talk that scott delivers, like myself, get bored fast with the same old music and commercials and tune out faster.

if scott really is going to be away for 6 weeks, he really needs a protege that can do the same type of show. but I don't think dopie is it. maybe someone more like billy bush who can keep it family friendly, knows how to talk,and isn't too annoying?

My only thought is that Cumia must have a real good agent. Hundreds of extremely talented people would do this shift for free.

hey, not my job to come up with new insults. besides, it rhymes so it's catchy.

anyway, anyone notice the good doctor deleted a similair post from his board?

posted by an un registerd user? what are the chances? probably the same chances as posted by a registered user, I reckon ;o)

just as weird and out of blue as that coyote country rumor for plj that never got expanded on ;o)

Maybe he'll have Anthony as a guest but I doubt the other two elements... a six week vacation and having someone who had been a Hot Talk sidekick become a fill-in host for one of the top NYC DJs of our times. When you remember the way Cumia lost his job, I doubt CBS would have him as a one-day fill in on a very formatted morning show.

And I'm sure Scott follows vacation protocol, even for high-value veterans. You take two weeks for Xmas/New Years, and a week for Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day. When Stern was on terrestrial radio, that's what he took. I assume Imus does the same.

Why would they not have Dan Taylor cover mornings when Scott is out and have a part timer do middays? Dan Taylor did mornings and he held it down quite nicely. There was a bump up with Scott taking mornings but Dan held his own, he is more than adequate to fill in.

As the market is now, there is no place for Anthony Cumia in New York. Q does well by playing their dinosaur rock, the rocks are there to compliment the music and not turn anybody off. An Alternative station has shown with 1019 that if it is programmed correctly, it can get a 3 share, but for whatever reason the agencies are scared of alternative rock. 1045 in Philly is top 4 in all the key demos and they can't monetize it. The best fit for Anthony, a rock station like mmr, will never be done in New York because it clearly doesn't work. 923 had all their listening before 11am when it was krock, once Howard left so did every listener.

After that post, one might think YOU were the old person listener who will revolt. Opie and Anthony and CERTAINLY Howard are far more talented and did way more on the air than the cliche stuff a person who doesn't really listen, likes to accuse them of.

I listened to howard in 1995 due to a summer job. not by choice. after a week of lesbian talk and fart jokes and crass humor, I was ready to jump out of the car. what little i've herd about opie and anthony....they are even worse than that....

ANYONE could be a shock jock or a braggart and do crude humor. there is no talent to that. it takes alot more talent to work around all that and still make things entertaining.

that being said, when howard acted a little more normal when he was on letterman, I did find him a bit more likeable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom